Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey guys,

This weekend I will be testing and reviewing Butterfly's latest Tenergy 80 rubber. As there was quite a bit of controversy in my first review with Stiga's Calribra Tour rubbers I would like to get your opinions on what you would like to see included in this review. I will be reviewing Tenergy 80 on two different Timo Boll blades, the ZLC and the ALC.

Please let me know by posting below :)

Thanks everyone.

tenergy80review.jpg

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I would like to know who this rubber is most suitable for. All the butterfly reviews say it is suitable for all attacking styles of play but I would like someone to be more specific. Who is this rubber made for?

Thanks for the feedback Lloyd :) Sure I will find out which distances it's best for and which style of play suits the rubber. Will certainly do this for you :)

Hi,
that sounds good! Maybe you could do a comparison to other Tenergy rubbers in speed and spin? Also it would be interesting how well the T80 handles chopping/ the occasional defensive chop against a topspin.

Thanks for the feedback Wally, sure I will do the random chop to see how it handles. I will also compare the rubber to Tenergy's older versions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Dan I have already bought this rubber on February and I have to say one thing !!It's a very good update on Tenergy 05 and just a little taste that reminds me Tenergy 64 especially on speed !!
Good balance between speed and spin !! I think it's an awesome rubber from mid - distance and very good at top spin rallies !!*Also it is awesome on short pushes and fast returns , you can easily control the spin and not making easy mistakes !!!
But I noticed that for example on serves with Tenergy 25 I feel I am puting a lot of spin , on Tenergy 80 I don't feel like I have a lot of spin on ball but it's ok because I see a big difference on first spin and on rallies !! So definetely I suggest this rubber for those who want to play spinny and fast spins from mid - distance . Combined with a blade like Timo Boll ALC , you have a top blade for an all around player !!
Waiting for your review Dan !!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for all your comments guys, glad your looking forward to the review :)

Is T80 good for counterlooping near table or half a step back (to T05)? How much is the weight difference to other tenergys? Is the punch-block with the T80 playable (to T64)?

Sure I will do lots of counter loop testings, I am looking forward to that. I will check the weight to buddy, thanks for the feedback.

can you tell us the most suitable gameplay for Tenergy 80 and which is better for playing near the table and for control ?

Sure I can :)

Dan I have already bought this rubber on February and I have to say one thing !!It's a very good update on Tenergy 05 and just a little taste that reminds me Tenergy 64 especially on speed !!
Good balance between speed and spin !! I think it's an awesome rubber from mid - distance and very good at top spin rallies !!*Also it is awesome on short pushes and fast returns , you can easily control the spin and not making easy mistakes !!!
But I noticed that for example on serves with Tenergy 25 I feel I am puting a lot of spin , on Tenergy 80 I don't feel like I have a lot of spin on ball but it's ok because I see a big difference on first spin and on rallies !! So definetely I suggest this rubber for those who want to play spinny and fast spins from mid - distance . Combined with a blade like Timo Boll ALC , you have a top blade for an all around player !!
Waiting for your review Dan !!

Awesome StealthAsassin, you will have to embed your review in the equipment reviews we are setting up. It will be complete in a few weeks :)

Glad your looking forward to the review :) Stay tuned buddy!

ACM

This user has no status.

ACM

This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Looking forward to the Tenergy 80 review Dan. I'm not sure if you'll be using different blades for it but if you do do you think you can somehow advice over a couple of different one that may be a good fit for the rubber? Cheers. Keep up with the good work!

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Looking forward to the Tenergy 80 review Dan. I'm not sure if you'll be using different blades for it but if you do do you think you can somehow advice over a couple of different one that may be a good fit for the rubber? Cheers. Keep up with the good work!

Dan,

Lastly, how bout the drop shot? cause T64 not good at it. I've tried chinese rubbers, doing drop shot near the net are the best, but so far, T64 cant execute the same manner, I hope T80 can. Thank you.

Sure guys, no worries at all :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I want to know if it is good for long pimples players. :) I want to know if you can get me a set. :) I want to know if you will be wearing a Butterfly shirt during the review. :) I want to know if you can get me one of those Timo Boll ZLF blades. :) I want to know if you will put lots of butterfly logos everywhere. :) I want to know if faster than fast, spinnier than spinny, and better than sex. :) Also, is it as good for chopping as Tenergy 25? :)

Reactions: MaLongPower