XIOM Solo Review

ST830232.jpgST830233.jpg
Hi guys , sorry for my english again.

Well , i like very much the quality of trademark xiom and i was willing test this blade.

Desing : So pretty and very very elegant , better after several days of use.

Feel : So soft , very nice to play with it. Not vibrations , and when you hitten the ball you don't feel anything hard only a softer touch. Very easy to use from the first time you play with it.

Handle: I prefer Flared hanle , but there is'nt in my proveedor, but this straight handle is very confortable beacuse is very rounded.

Performance: This 7 ply blade is fast but very controllable . I think the blade is close to Off- blades. With this blade you can accurate your offensive strokes with a good velocity. Great stability , and sweet pot.

TopSpin Game: Very approiate to player with a continuos topspin, you can do these easily and you can accurate your balls close to the lines. The rebound of the blade allow you make slow topspins load with great spin.

Short Game; although this is a 7ply blade is very controllable in a short game , pushes and flicks are easy to do.But i think this blade is not appropiate for passive strokes in a short game.

Blocking: I think this blade is a jewel for a blockers players , blocking with this blade is fantastic, you can block fast topspins o slow topspins with a great ease. Amazing with active-agressive blocking or passive blocks . I repeat "Amazing".

Conclusion: I think that bade is a great good job of XIOM , all what it says about this blade in its catalogue is true. This is a jewel!!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
What xiom rubbers did you tested on Solo?
I am having xiom omega 4 elite and i wonder if this blade will fit XO4E.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Thanks for reply and i think that it should fit with Omega 4 elite, because vega europe is also quite soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I had few hits with friends sigma 1 Europe. It is rubber with long trajectory, seems for off the table play. Omega 4 elite has a nice parabola and over net landing.
Hardness for sigma is ~ 47, O4 elite ~ 40 or even less - very soft. Sigma seems more aggressive, but quite tricky on short play on pushes/backspin.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
I have just started using a Xiom Solo, with medium pimples on bh!!

It is a bit quicker than my previous force pro blue.

Very good on serves, nice balance of looping and hitting!!

I think it will cure my EJing bug!!

solo 2.jpg
solo 3.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2020
Solo was my first blade and the one which I used to learn how to play table tennis with 2 years ago

Xiom have great rackets

Reactions: MOG
This user has no status.
This is still one of my very favourite blades I own. It is truly a pity, that now it is even more difficult to get - for some reason it is already discontinued - it was available at TT11 and a few other stores, but not anymore. I think Xiom should carry on with manufacturing this. As someone already said here, it is a jewel.

I have a few blades, which can come close to it, but this should be for eternity.