Jun Mizutani denies boycott on ITTF!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Remember a few months back we had a huge discussion in regards to Jun Mizutani boycotting boosters/tuners! The top Japanese player rocked the table tennis world at the start of the year after revealing the existence of unfair advantages in international competitions, alongside this Jun Mizutani was reported to have allegedly boycotted all prior matches in the international scene due to unfair practices.

jundocumentaryphoto.jpg

Jun Mizutani - photo by: Cristian Larrain

With Jun Mizutani recently making appearances in both Kuwait and now in Qingdao he had the opportunity to explain himself and clear the air. He appeared before the Chinese media in preparation for the 2013 Asia-Euro All Star Challenge where he clarified all rumours “There are players who use illegal glue in competitions which in unfair to others, I always believe that a competition should guarantee complete fairness among players”

On January 21st Mizutani was reported to have decided to boycott all international competitions due to his advocacy of fair play, this would explain his rather long absence in the arena after the 2012 London Olympic Games, including the 2012 ITTF Grand Finals. However the Japanese player first denied the rumour of the issue of boycott “I was feeling both mentally and physically tired and drained after the London 2012 Olympic Games and so I decided it would be wise to rest for 3-4 months, there were no other reasons I personally just wanted some time to rest and relax”

Although he did deny the rumour he did admit to writing a formal letter to the ITTF President Adham Sharara. Mizutani commented “I think the situation is clear for Mr Sharara but he also has many difficulties, I do believe that he will make unremitting efforts to enable a fair competition environment however I also believe this will be a long battle”.

Jun Mizutani stated how his days of rest are definitely over and he is back in action as he is scheduled to play in Qingdao this weekend for the 2013 Asia-Euro All Star Challenge. He concluded “I will stay 100% focused on my table tennis and I will hope my scores improve further as this is my duty, I feel any other issue is the job and responsibility of the table tennis associations and the ITTF”.

What are your thoughts?
Source: TableTennisTa

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well then, we sort of need to ask, where did the rumor come from that he was boycotting? What was the source for that information? Was there a quote anywhere from Jun Mizutani that he said himself that he was boycotting because of the use of boost and illegal glue?

Last edited: