What type of rubbers go well with carbon blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
Hi everyone,

I am an intermediate club level penhold player looking to try a new type of blade soon, namely carbon blade! I am pretty sure I would like to get the Timo Boll ALC (penhold) as I have tried it and like the feel. I am a natural attacker usually playing with 5 ply wood blades (currently using Stiga Rosewood V and Hurricane Hao I) with looping on both sides. I use about 50% RPB as well as 50% traditional penhold block on the backhand but for this reason I am interested in getting some suggestions for both forehand and backhand rubbers.

I am already thinking about using the following (since I already have these rubbers it's easy to test but I am looking for more suggestions:

1.Razka 7 (normal version, not soft) on forehand.
2.Tenergy 05 on forehand (pretty sure already this one will work okay on the carbon as mate had it on his and it felt fine to me)
3.I am thinking of purchasing a national neo TG3 to try but I wonder if that will work.

4.Stiga Boost TX (backhand)
5.Tenergy 64 FX (backhand)

Wondering if anyone has tried these combinations on a Boll ALC (doesn't have to be penhold) and also if I have choice would you go for harder ot softer rubber with carbon blade?

Thanks for your help!!