Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It was mentioned by commentator in one of the Zhang Jike's matches but I don't remember which match exactly (I think it was Qatar or Kuwait Open).

Thanks for the update. That is interesting, perhaps the WTTC will reveal what the players are using :)

This user has no status.
Nice, I would be interested to know the differences between that Bryce speed and others. All I have heard is that in the factories of these rubber companies, the center of the rubber sheet is the highest quality and that's what goes to the professionals. The outside edges the rubber cutting is slightly less standard. I don't know this 100% but this is word on the street. I have heard a lot of people talk about this throughout my time.

i heard the same! i comment that too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Read 2 reviews
I am still using the T05 as I use old rubbers from the Academy players at the Bristol Academy. If I could get some T80 I would definitely use it on my backhand. I think Tenergy 05 is very good if your an advanced attaching player who has a lot of control so your able to control it's speed. Tenergy 80 is for those who are wanting that bit more control what your attack shots.

Good to hear buddy! :)

You're welcome... I thought you've got the rubbers after tested it? Must return back to Bty?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
You're welcome... I thought you've got the rubbers after tested it? Must return back to Bty?

Oh :) I gave to friends. Due to my back injury I don't practice much anymore, I feed a lot. Rubbers are not to vital to my game as I don't play matches

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
I put the T80 on my BH and have started feeding with it.

Straightforward replacement for the T64, a bit harder and not quite as fast. There seems to be a touch more control.

Not sure for spin as I didn't really have a chance to check, but spin of T64 was more than enough for me, so I'm not concerned.

Very likely I would keep a T80 on BH (once I've finished my current stock of rubbers)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Have one question about Tenergy 80 . What is the ' better ' thickness for the BH of the TB ALC : 1.9 or 2.1?

The answer to this question really depends on you, your playing style and your personal preferences. I personally, always like 2.1 (max). But, 1.9 has more control and is better for hitting. 2.1 is faster and is better for if you really are mostly looping with your backhand.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
But dan, the spin generated from the T80 is greater than T05 and it is good for the spinny backhand loop so it is still attacking and I don't think the control is higher than 05 in all honesty however

Even the spin I generate on BH wing with simple plain ole allround OFF XP 2008 is better than 90% of your clubmates' BH with a Tenergy on their favorite balde.

Why?

Heavy spin rating cannot be determined with just one speed of stroke. Rubber helps, but it isn't everything. The player has a lot to do with that.

Granted, on a weaker stroke, I can generate more spin with Tenergy than any other rubber out there. On a heavy BH opener I make, you will not know I am using a very inexpensive BH rubber. On a fast blade speed stroke, my XP 2008 can match your favorite club player's Tenergy any day of the week in terms of pace and spin, whether I use it on my OFF composite blade or an ALL+ USD $15 Chinese blade. The speed spin ratings a manufacturer of any amature player talk about are all relative to certain things and not all of us are the same. Even on different blades certain rubbers are slower or faster. Heck, Rasant was simply average middle of the pack on a TBS when I first tried it out, but on my $15 ALL+ blade, that thing explodes with spin and pace on counterloops from mid-distance!

Unless you have the cash, Tenergy is tossing away Ur hard earned cash. I can get more spin from Evo series and I get it almost half the price of tenergy.

Let the rich or the pros play Tenergy... BTY is marketing the star power over everyone to get away with the high price. I believe in any company's right to charge whatever the market allows and market the daylights outta their product whether it works or not... BTY is obviously doing a very good job marketing their nice product, but it isn't worth as much as they sell it for, but many still buy it. Go ahead everyone, knock Urselves out, unless I can get Tenergy for the cost of other moderately priced rubbers, it will stay on the shelf of the store.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Hi guys,
thanks for all the information on the T80. Taking everything into consideration, it sounds as if the T80 could replace my T05FX on FH. There is just one piece of information I haven't found in the thread. What is the weight of T80 compared to T05 FX? Has anyone weighed them or does anyone have a sheet of each with the same sponge thickness and could be so kind and weigh them for me? If the T80 has the same or lower weight than T05FX, it might be an option for me, otherwise I will further play T05FX.
Background: Due to recurring shoulder issues, I prefer the lightest possible materials.

Last edited: