The ranking system of each member

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Haha! :) My only concern is people won't hit cho because they won't know what it means. Everyone is so used to understanding what a like button does.

What are other members thoughts?

Perhaps you should warn members about that you've replaced the "Like" button with "CHO" resulting a fist in the face of the one and only Chuck Norris popping out of the screen :p

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Perhaps you should warn members about that you've replaced the "Like" button with "CHO" resulting a fist in the face of the one and only Chuck Norris popping out of the screen :p

Haha! that doesnt sound so bad too!

I think he still thinks about the Nuke button ... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I believe the 'Like' button is used for funny posts rather than for serious posts in many cases. So a ranking based on likes would serve as an indicator of funny posts instead of a pure postcount. I don't know what to prefer. There are probably very few people who would give members credit just because of their forum rank. I guess posts are judged by their content, not by their posters rank :)

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
I believe the 'Like' button is used for funny posts rather than for serious posts in many cases. So a ranking based on likes would serve as an indicator of funny posts instead of a pure postcount. I don't know what to prefer. There are probably very few people who would give members credit just because of their forum rank. I guess posts are judged by their content, not by their posters rank :)

Yeah I agree WiWa, I think we cannot use anything really as an indicator of forum rank. I think for now it should be left alone as this will keep everything normal and simple.

I guess at the moment anyways, under a users name it displays how many time you've been liked. For example yours is:

Liked 60 Times in 47 Posts

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

Possible, but not always true. I get 50/50 for thanks or good/bad advice or LULZ.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Possible, but not always true. I get 50/50 for thanks or good/bad advice or LULZ.
Well that's what the 'many cases' meant ;) I just tried to point out that ranking based on likes is as ambiguous as ranking based on postcount. And I agree with Cristian that it doesn't really matter that much after all, since the rankings don't have that much value, but are just nice I guess :)