Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dear Dan,
Is it possible to make the update of the forum frontpage realtime ?
Its nice to get update right away rather than refreshing the page for updates.

Just a suggestion tho :D
Thx in advance

Hey bro

Do you mean the forum top 25 stats to refresh on its own?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yep.
Since I've never managed a forum, I don't know what program or mod to do that.
Sorry for the lack of info, if I've known, I will suggest the mod instead ;)

Hey Yosua, i can make rank more fancy with cool logo but it will only cause the page loads to slow down as we have country flags for each user which are fairly high in quries. I think country flag has more of a cool impact then user rank. We can keep the user rank as the text which has no page load issues. What do you think?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
An award based on th number of posts is a real easy way to measure the participation in a forum, but not a reliable way to measure quality of posts adn value to the forum. Reputation points are a littel better indicator, but can also become a popularity contest.

Only a subjective review of one's body of work can reveal this, and even then, can sometime be off depending upon the judge's discernment, or mood or what the judge decides are the criteria for quality.

I am all for quality and value. Many members here at TTD fit that mold, regardless of post count.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
An award based on th number of posts is a real easy way to measure the participation in a forum, but not a reliable way to measure quality of posts adn value to the forum. Reputation points are a littel better indicator, but can also become a popularity contest.

Only a subjective review of one's body of work can reveal this, and even then, can sometime be off depending upon the judge's discernment, or mood or what the judge decides are the criteria for quality.

I am all for quality and value. Many members here at TTD fit that mold, regardless of post count.

Wow, your post has just made me think! Maybe we make ranking based on how many likes you have per post?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wow, your post has just made me think! Maybe we make ranking based on how many likes you have per post?

What about a ranking system based on how many racket set-ups a member has listed under his avatar and signature. We could have another system where the ranking is based on an average from the total # of words per post for a member. There could be a most concise category and a most verbose category. You could also have a category for who has liked other people's posts most and who has had their own posts liked by others most. Oh, the list goes on. :)

Nah, I think the way things are is fine. But, looking at Yosua's numbers, perhaps there should be a category for over 3,000 posts since he is closing in. I think, perhaps he has been slowing down lately and if there was another new title for going over 3,000 posts, he might get there by tomorrow afternoon, or Wednesday at latest. :)

Reactions: WiWa and Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
If you want to have a ranking system that means something then why not counts 'likes'. I can see that system is already in place. I can't see making extra work for Dan. This keeps people from making a lot of worthless posts and think more about quality.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
@ Carl, you just made my morning.

@Pny, the system you propose is obviously a better indicator and as you point out, very easy to implement. Problem is, over time, these kinda of things turn out to become a popularity contest. Take a look at Richard, who decided to stop foruming here. He had over 700 posts and maybe a dozen likes. I know he made many times more than a dozen quality posts.

Measuring his contributions (and anyone's) by the number of likes isn't an entirely efficient system. If you look at the forum members with at least some body of work, say over 300 posts, and look at teh number of likes they got, maybe 75% of time most agree it reflected at the least the minimum (but not maximum) quality they provided. Many quality posts go unliked and that is OK. Not everyone should be compelled to hit the like button multible times a day like we are on FB. Over here, you normally get a "Like" if you made an exceptional post or wrote something hilarious.

Given those observations, I can conclude that those who write a lot of exceptional or rediculous funny posts get the likes. I conclude based off of this that experts and drunken monkeys alike will get their huge share of likes.

I guess that makes me an expert at similating drunken monkey behaviour while seated in front of a laptop while logged into TTD.

There is no foolproof 100% way to achieve recognizing quality as it can differ person to person and also day to day among the same people.

Last edited: