"Who is the king" -- China Civil Table Tennis Championship 2013

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
This is a Civil Table Tennis Championship called "WHO IS THE KING" (like a reality show :) ) which is hosted by CCTV and CTTA, its aim is to broadcast folk table tennis events and to promote the popularity of table tennis in China and development. All amateurs (or family) can enroll in this competition, the final winner will have a chance to play against China National Team players.

14ecu2t.jpg

"WHO IS THE KING" has 3 stages: Mass selection, District contest and the finals.

District contest: there are 6 competition districts in China, Liu Guoliang, Kong Linghui, Wang Tao, Shi Zhihao, Guo Yuehua and Xu Shaofa will as a coach each responsible for one district to help their players training and give them instructions.

CCTV 5 will broadcast some specials about the mass selection in April, and will live broadcast some matches of district contest in Jun.

The official website for "WHO IS THE KING" will be launched soon.

Some pictures of the launch ceremony

15oge2h.jpg

jacj11.jpg

4u9l79.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
This is awesome! I'm curious to see if this could be used as a "crowdsourcing" opportunity for introducing and developing innovative techniques for the sport.

Regardless, it looks like crazy fun!

Aug 2012
Reactions: Dan
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Thanks Tommy Lee for the update. Youtube edition below:

In this phase of the tournament players will have the chance of being coached by professionals coaches such as Liu Guoliang and Kong Linghui. The winning player will get to train with the Chinese National Team! What an opportunity!