Ask WR. 2 Ryu Seung Min a question on TTD

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys,

Just over a month ago we posted our TableTennisDaily interview with world number 5 Joo Se Hyuk. I have just received great news, we can now interview former world number 2 & Olympic Champion Ryu Seung Min! Ryu has accepted our offer where he will answer your questions posted on this TableTennisDaily discussion.

xin_50080124085610003651.jpg

Ryu Seung Min - Photo by: Reuters

TableTennisDaily will pick 10 of the best questions submitted, and we will send them to the great man himself. Get posting your favorite questions guys.

ryuwtttc2012.jpg

Ryu Seung Min - Photo by: Getty Images

Reactions: YosuaYosan and WiWa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Sorry, I've already an interview of Ryu, great men and friend, interview is the future magazine on TTImpossible.com !

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Hey guys,

Just over a month ago we posted our TableTennisDaily interview with world number 5 Joo Se Hyuk. I have just received great news, we can now interview former world number 2 & Olympic Champion Ryu Seung Min! Ryu has accepted our offer where he will answer your questions posted on this TableTennisDaily discussion.

xin_50080124085610003651.jpg

Ryu Seung Min - Photo by: Reuters

TableTennisDaily will pick 10 of the best questions submitted, and we will send them to the great man himself. Get posting your favorite questions guys.

ryuwtttc2012.jpg

Ryu Seung Min - Photo by: Getty Images

Does Ryu feel that (he is a young man still of course) age affects table tennis players greatly? What is the maximum age in Ryu's opinion to which a player can play, train and compete to the highest level? late 30's 40's?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
what was the hardest opponent you've ever faced? why do you think the penholders are disappearing?
and What do you expect from the WTTC 2013?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I would be extremely grateful if my question is entered into the interview as I am doing a study in a certain aspect of table tennis which may develop into an intensive research for the whole development of table tennis as a sport. Ryu's personal answer would be a great starting evidence and data for this study.

Here is my question:
"Other than the speed glue ban post 2008 Olympics, there is a noticable switch of rubber trend from lower arc/trajectory table tennis rubbers such as the Butterfly Bryce product line into table tennis rubbers with substantially higher arc/trajectory such as the Butterfly Tenergy series. How do you think the speed glue ban and the change in rubber trend post 2008 Olympics has affected your game? What do you feel about the effectiveness of your forehand attacks after the trend switch? Do you prone to make more errors and how much technique adjustment were made? Do you feel that more points ended because the ball flew off the table (an out ball) rather than stuck by the net after the trend change?"

A great and not-to-be-missed opportunity indeed! Thank you very much beforehand, TTD! Hoping for the best!

Administrator
Oct 2010
Thanks for all the questions so far everyone! I will send them off to Ryu very soon. Please keep posting any questions you have for him :)

Reactions: TTANKEY
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
The modern table tennis style is growing up. And it's fundamental for a penholder to be attacking almost every time to beat chinese players. Do you think that the absence of a regular powerful backhand for a penholder is an disadvantage? If so, what would you do to "repair" this situation?

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
How did you start playing the sport?
What is your best victory ever?
What are the things that keeps you motivated to train very hard all the time?
Who do you like to play most against of the chinese players?
Joo Sae Huyk said in TTD interview that you are a difficult opponent to him, do you like to play against defensive style players?
Who is the funniest guy in the hall of the top-20 players in world?
How much do you train?
What kind of physical exercises do you do most?
What is your biggest goal for the future?

Last edited:
Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
If I may ask, how does it feel like to defend your Olympic title in Beijing? I think you were already 0-3 down against Ko Lai Chak of HK but you still managed to win the 4th set; were you still motivated to fight hard?

Joo Saehyuk will be joining again in the Chinese Super League this year ; have you ever considered also to participate in these Chinese leagues? Is it because you prefer European more? Why??

What are your languages?

Thank you

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
If I may ask, how does it feel like to defend your Olympic title in Beijing? I think you were already 0-3 down against Ko Lai Chak of HK but you still managed to win the 4th set; were you still motivated to fight hard?

Joo Saehyuk will be joining again in the Chinese Super League this year ; have you ever considered also to participate in these Chinese leagues? Is it because you prefer European more? Why??

What are your languages?

Thank you

Nice question! I would also like to know whether Ryu wants to play in the Chinese Super League...