Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2013?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 76 37.4%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 75 36.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Chuang CHih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
Agreed! :)

Jun Mizutani has a great shot I think.

He has had some decent matches lately, but every time I have seen him play in last couple of years, he just seems too passive (not aggressive enough) to win against top 10 players. All too often within first three balls of a rally he starts moving backwards and ends up in a lob-fest. Fun to watch, but you can only expect to win about 1 in 5 of those rallies if you are the one defending against a top player.

Samsonov is in a similar category unfortunately. In Men's World Cup last year he played very aggressive against Boll in first two sets and went 2-0 up, but then reverted to his usual counter-attacking / absorbing pressure style and let Boll dictate the pace and lost 4-0. Perhaps due to tiredness, but he should he can do it against Zhang Jike in Euro-Asia.

If only Mizutani and Samsonov could maintain that level of aggressiveness they could win against the top players, but without it, they will certainly lose to the first or second Top 10 player they come up against.

Last edited:
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
New Table for WTTC

7370e7a6gw1e40uh7pxf7g20rs11ozyu.gif

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Liu Guoliang said may be Yan An and Fan Zhendong could cause some big upset.

Ma Lin had lost 8 kgs weight during the closed training, he really want to go further in WTTC :)

Wow 8kg that is a lot! He must be training very hard, imagine if Ma Lin won, it would be a joy to see.