Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2013?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 76 37.4%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 75 36.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Chuang CHih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I think the seeding will be based on the May rankings.

no, it will be based on March rankings.

According to the ITTF Facebook page, Xu Xin will be the no.1 seed.

Xu Xin has overtaken Ma Long in the May World Rankings! This means that he will be the top seed at #ITTFWorlds for Men's Singles!

Reactions: pingpingpongpong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I hope Timo will win this tournament but he has to grow beyond himself. He would show the world of table tennis that he is able to win something BIG.
I do not know if he has the right mentality for that. He never played good at WTTC except 2011.

I think there's a lack of will power. He thinks more about what would happen if he loses the game than about winning and giving his best.

If he has the the right attitude he can do it but let's see. :)

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I hope Timo will win this tournament but he has to grow beyond himself. He would show the world of table tennis that he is able to win something BIG.
I do not know if he has the right mentality for that. He never played good at WTTC except 2011.

I think there's a lack of will power. He thinks more about what would happen if he loses the game than about winning and giving his best.

If he has the the right attitude he can do it but let's see. :)

Nice post buddy! I would love to see this to! I think Boll would be the happiest man alive if he won the world champs! Lets hope he gives his all and is playing at his highest level!

#teamboll

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2013
I think it would be a Ma Long vs Wang Hao semi-finals again...

And Wang Hao wining the game? :p He doesn't seem to do too bad against Ma Long compared to his matches with Jike.

And hopefully Zhang does not meet opponents like Yan An too early or at all this time. If he plays with either Xu Xin or Ma Long its definitely going to be during the semis or finals. If Zhang plays well and on form the foreign players should not pose any real threat ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
....I do not know if he has the right mentality for that. He never played good at WTTC except 2011....
It's interesting, because he plays really good at wTttc. What do you think about it, guys?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Here are, in my opinion, the strengths and weaknesses of the main favorite players.

Ma Long: best forehand in the world, perfect footwork, good backhand, powerful. Weaknesses: when he isn't at his best, he can get afraid of playing, taking forehands, etc. Then his opponent plays all the balls on his backhand and wins.

Xu xin: excellent forehand, best footwork in the world, excellent serve, very few errors. Weaknesses: no backhand, forehand not powerful enough sometimes

Zhang Jike: impressive backhand, good footwork, good forehand, excellent serve, mentally very strong. Weakness: doesn't take enough forehands from the backhand side, which doesn't allow him lots of variation. Forehand good but not magical like Xu's and Ma's

Wang Hao: excellent backhand, powerful forehand, good serve, experienced. Weaknesses: footwork not good enough. Not very good when his opponent has the initiative, lots of unforced errors. Simply not as good as his stronger team mates.

Timo Boll: well rounded, very good in top spin to top spin. Weaknesses: his forehand technique doesn't allow him to hit the ball fast enough, especially on drives, which makes it easy for his opponent to counter. Changes grip between forehand and backhand, which makes him lose a lot of time. Serves are too simple.

Yan an: I don't like his game and hope he doesn't represent the future of table tennis (hit all the balls as hard and as soon as you can :( . Zhou is even worse in this matter ). Well rounded, very powerful, extremely (too?) agressive, excellent footwork. Weaknesses: lots of errors, unexperienced

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
And of course, for me, Ma Lin has no chance because his backhand is too weak, even if he gets fitter than he has recently been. Fan is a little young maybe (although I'm sure he will become word champion one day).

Will Fan play the men's single, or is he only here to replace in case of injury?

This user has no status.
And of course, for me, Ma Lin has no chance because his backhand is too weak, even if he gets fitter than he has recently been. Fan is a little young maybe (although I'm sure he will become word champion one day).

Will Fan play the men's single, or is he only here to replace in case of injury?

i think he will play, I hope so

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012

i think he will play, I hope so

Of course Fan will play the men's single, Chinese team in Paris WTTC 2013:

Men's single: Ma Long, Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Wang Hao, Ma Lin, Yan An, Fan Zhendong

Men's doubles: Ma Lin / Hao Shuai, Wang Liqin / Zhou Yu, Chen Qi / Fang Bo

Women's single: Ding Ning, Liu Shiwen, Li Xiaoxia, Zhu Yuling, Chen Meng, Wu Yang, Hu Limei

Women's doubles: Li Xiaoxia / Guo Yue, Ding Ning / Liu Shiwen, Zhu Yuling / Chen Meng

Mixed doubles: Wang Liqin / Rao Jingwen, Chen Qi / Fang Bo, Qiu Yike / Wen Jia

All of these were confirmed already.

Aug 2012

To be honest, I didn't quite agree with you that Xu Xin and Ma Lin had no backhand, penholder without RPB ≠ No backhand. Like Ma Lin his backhand push (block) is amazing, sometimes he could change the spin of the ball after his backhand block ( opponent's topspin drive could become backspin) that will cause a lot of UE to opponent. Just one example :)