Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2013?

• Xu Xin

Votes: 76 37.4%
  • Ma Long

Votes: 75 36.9%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 16 7.9%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Chuang CHih Yuan

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 8 3.9%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
My guess would be, if Ma Long wins it, you may become motivated. :)

That's 100 % true.

I always start to make a video about a different player, but in the middle my motivation fades away. I have a Xu Xin, Ma Lin and Dima tribute on my pc, but no video is finished. Just between 1 and 2 minutes.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That's 100 % true.

I always start to make a video about a different player, but in the middle my motivation fades away. I have a Xu Xin, Ma Lin and Dima tribute on my pc, but no video is finished. Just between 1 and 2 minutes.

Well, we can have fun rooting for Ma Long and see if he gets his World Championship this year.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So you wish that Ma Long will be the Champ like me?

You've got my sympathy ;)

Well, I don't really care that much, but I do think he is the best player on the planet so it would be nice for him to come through here so nobody can complain about how he cannot win the big ones any more. I also don't know if it means that much if he does not win this one. He is still the best overall player around right now. Although I do think Zhang Jike, Xu Xin and Yan An are closing the gap and in 2 years the best player may be Fan Zhendong.

Last edited:
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
Men‘s singles draw

b2348fd5gw1e4kvn9emxnj20sg0lcaf1.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
LOOK AT THIS!!!

http://www.ittf.com/competitions/te...tion_ID=2190&Rnd=128&s_Event_Type=Ms&gender=M

WE ARE GOING TO GET SOME AMAZING MATCHES!!!

Samsonov vs. Ma Lin, Ovtcharov vs. Zhang Jike, Yan An vs. Chuang Chih-Yuan and Wang Hao vs. the winner of these two,
Timo Boll vs. Jun Mizutani, Koki Niwa vs. Ma Long..
So, for the semifinals it looks like Xu Xin vs. Zhang Jike and Wang Hao or Yan An vs. Ma Long :)
And Fan Zhendong will meet (probably) Zhang Jike in round 3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Hello !

Ding Ning this morning leaving the hotel ! (at 9 am...)

Ding Ning.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...507485275962413.122228.506222126088728&type=1

I am on the left of the original photo but I prefered to cut ! LOL Seems to be really friendly and nice girl...:)

I will post other photos and a video with Zhang Jike, Xu Xin, Ma Long, Wang Hao, Wang Liquin, Liu Guoliang, Ding Ning, Chen Meng...leaving the hotel together !

Last edited:
Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
My preview (which will probably turn out to not be true, but whatever :p):
First quarter of the men's draw shows an interesting mix of young and old players. Unlike Xu Xin who I think will cruise to the quarters easily, Ma Lin has a tough draw. He will first have a rematch with Kenta Matsudaira, and then Lee Sang Su. Both players can be a real challenge when they have a good day. And then, already in the 4th round it is Samsonov. Now he has been playing very well against Chinese players lately and I think that of all the black horses, Samsonov has the best chances to reach the semis. Remember, he beat Xu Xin at the World Cup.
Second quarter... Hmm, I don't see a lot of potential here. Ovtcharov should easily reach the quarters but he won't beat Zhang Jike. Unless Fan Zhendong decides to finish Zhang Jike for low-motivation-play, I don't expect anything special in this part of the draw.
Third quarter: Now I really liked Chuang's topform of the last months but his road to the semis seems impossible to me. Yan An and then Wang Hao is just too much. Adrien Mattenet... I hope he can show some cool matches and enjoy the crowd including his match against Wang Hao, but he won't get any further than that.
Fourth quarter: Now this shows some awesome potential matches. Boll-Mizutani, Steger-Tokic, Ma Long-Koki Niwa... and the quarter final might be even better. Ma Long of course has the best papers here but his nerves just might show up again when he faces Koki Niwa or Boll.
Ma Long is still my favorite for the men's title.

For the Women's draw I'll keep it simple...
I expect all-Chinese semi finals, Ding Ning and Li Xiaoxia (who will beat Wu Yang, but Chen Meng could be hard) in the first semi final. Zhu Yuling (Feng Tianwei already lost twice to her) and Liu Shiwen in the second one. Liu Shiwen has the easiest way to the finals and I also think she is the best female player right now so I expect her to win.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Ma Long is still your favourite? If he meets Wang Hao in the semis old memorys comes back, 2009 and 2011. It's not easy to forget that. Besides there is a Yan An who can beat everyone.

Ma Long will have a pretty hard way to the (semi-)final.

Xu Xin and Zhang have an easier way. Ma Lin is "only" a foreign killer. Just the semifinal will be exciting. Xu or Zhang? Everything can happen.