says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys,

How incredible has the last week of table tennis been! The world saw one of the biggest table tennis events ever, with record numbers across the internet! 10 years on since Werner Schlager's WTTC victory in Paris, how much has the world changed! The internet has revolutionized the way we view and interact with the sport and with one another. We can share, comment, debate and enjoy this fascinating sport together.

mostview2013wttc.jpg

Photo's used by: Remy Gros created by Sam Hamilton

TableTennisDaily reached staggering views during the WTTC. I originally thought the London 2012 Olympic figures would never be beat, however this years WTTC smashed them in half! Over the 8 day event TableTennisDaily reached a total of 29,393 unique visitors which amounted to 158,738 page views. Half way through the epic championships I upgraded the server to handle all the incoming traffic and the site's coder did a fantastic job optimizing everything, so you should find the site to load much faster now.

I would like to send a huge thank you to everyone, you have turned this site into not only a news update site but actually a community where we are all friends and learn from one another. People often ask me this question, why do i do it? Why do I put in the countless hours promoting table tennis, well it's for all you guys (cheesy I know). Since the early birth of TableTennisDaily so many of you have stuck by the site, there are so many names I wouldn't be able to list them all, but you know who you are :)

The use of Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and other various social media sites have really helped table tennis as a sport grow, as we have seen the recent surge in the ITTF using Facebook as a means to promote table tennis whereby they have just reached a whopping 80,000 fans!

Throughout the World Championships I would like to thank all the amazing youtubers (ttCountenance, ittfchannel, Geca, ttlondon2012, TableTennisEvents, Janus770) and websites, blogs, manufacturers and photographers such as TableTennisTa, mhtabletennis, Stiga, Butterfly and Remy Gros for all your incredible content.

TableTennisDaily has been running just over 2 and half years now and I am constantly looking to improve the site. Over the next few months there will be some extremely exciting features such as the 'Equipment Reviews System' as mentioned before. Remember please contact me if you have any queries, feedbacks or ideas to push this site further :)

Lastly, thank you to all the TableTennisDaily members and viewers who make posts and threads for the community when you find the time. Keep up the great work, your awesome!

Let's hope the promotion of our favourite sport continues to grow, and interestingly it's 'us' that's popularizing our beloved sport.

So I ask, what was your favourite moment of the 2013 World Table Tennis Championships?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
This is truely incredible, especially since this WTTC wasn't even close to being the best one.
Livestreaming in HD would be great, but should be available on more then 2 tables.

Although I only registered today and started posting, I want to thank you for running this site which I visited frequently the last years before registering.

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
This is just F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C to read! In just 2.5 years TTD have become one of the biggest and fastest growing table tennis sites with a lot of influence to the sport's world wide promotion! This is exactly what the sport needs to grow bigger also in other parts of the world than Asia. You, Dan, have put so much effort for this and now this is something huge already :) I'm so glad for you man :) You and the whole TTD community really deserves this success :)

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
So good to hear you reflecting on the site. It makes it much more satisfying to know where you came from and to see how far you have come. My favourite part of the WTTC was Gatien's speech honouring Jean-Michel Saive, it was an emotional and humbling moment for Saive and I really appreciated it a lot.

My suggestion for your next move...do my interview :p So your users can find out even more info ;)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This is truely incredible, especially since this WTTC wasn't even close to being the best one.
Livestreaming in HD would be great, but should be available on more then 2 tables.

Although I only registered today and started posting, I want to thank you for running this site which I visited frequently the last years before registering.

Hopefully in the future ITTF will stream these events in HD, just I know streaming in HD is very difficult, the bandwidth needed is very high. Thank you very much! :) Thanks for registering and joining in with us. See you around :)

dan you do a great job with the site! so thank you to you too! :)

Thanks Super Chopper!

This is just F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C to read! In just 2.5 years TTD have become one of the biggest and fastest growing table tennis sites with a lot of influence to the sport's world wide promotion! This is exactly what the sport needs to grow bigger also in other parts of the world than Asia. You, Dan, have put so much effort for this and now this is something huge already :) I'm so glad for you man :) You and the whole TTD community really deserves this success :)

Wow thanks so much that really means a lot! I hope you continue with your fantastic videos, you helped make a fantastic connection with all of the TTD community bringing all our best trick shots together! Totally awesome! I cannot wait for your future projects :)

thats truly amazing!hey Dan,how does it feel to be founder of the biggest and most popular TT site? :D

Thanks Marko! I'm just a normal fan like you, we have the China Open to look forward to now! :)

So good to hear you reflecting on the site. It makes it much more satisfying to know where you came from and to see how far you have come. My favourite part of the WTTC was Gatien's speech honouring Jean-Michel Saive, it was an emotional and humbling moment for Saive and I really appreciated it a lot.

My suggestion for your next move...do my interview :p So your users can find out even more info ;)

Thanks Matt, that's an awesome moment of the WTTC! Thanks for all your efforts and being there since day 1. Hehe I know I need to complete that interview, will do it asap buddy.

great job dan! this site has contributed a lot in making table tennis popular the world over. big thanks to you and to the contributors of informative posts and great videos and pix.

Thanks mate! Everyone here has sure done a fantastic contribution! Thanks for everyone! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Good work Dan, enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm, TTD is the drug we need!

Favourite moments, watching the Germans' noble challenge to the Chinese. Baum tried and crumpled under the frustration. Boll returned to form and so so close to beating Ma Long.

(wish ITTF would change from Flash based Video. I want to watch on my IPad!*#}?)

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
Wonderful report Dan :)

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I Am Proud to Be a Part of TableTennisDaily

So far, I have never seen such an organised table tennis forum in managing significant topic of huge events such as this 2013 WTTC, not to mention the well-managed publication of articles, the neat organization of threads and it's content, the dynamic site design resembling the current topic of interest (such as the London 2012 designed TTD banner during the related event) and many more.

However,the said superb technical aspects of the site was not the case quite a while ago when I first looked upon and joined TableTennisDaily during it's younger years. After registering to the site, I had no real reason to stay for too long, yet my gut told me that I, somehow, needs to stay loyal to this forum, and so I did. Together with many others who stayed loyal to the forum, we witnessed how Dan stayed even more loyal to what he has started, none other than this forum as a part for his passionate heart for the great sport of table tennis.

Setting aside all technical aspect, one thing that I have now understand, the very aspect and the very reason why many of us stayed in this awesome table tennis forum: sense of belonging in this community, derived from a mutual passion of our beloved sport of table tennis.
Starting from this passion alone, Dan started TableTennisDaily and his whole-hearted, consistent work serves as a strong magnet to attract many others with the similar flame in their heart.

Days by days have passed since then, what was a little spark is now an ever-growing flame. Two days ago, all of the great work and dedication that we've done together in this forum has translated into tangible number and graph as TableTennisDaily, a relatively young table tennis forum has taken a major part in using the social media to make the 2013 World Table Tennis Championships in Paris, Bercy as the most viewed World Table Tennis Championships around the world! Even more so compared to the London 2012 Olympics!
History has been made!

I am proud to be a part of TableTennisDaily and I believe most of us here does.

TTD's conduct in WTTC 2013 has been proven a success and I can't wait to see more great things we could do together in the future for the great of our beloved sport of table tennis through our beloved forum of TableTennisDaily.
Well, all I can say for now is THANK YOU to Dan and co., WAY TO GO EVERYONE, KEEP ON DOING THE GOOD WORK, and last but not least

Reactions: Dan and WiWa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Good work Dan, enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm, TTD is the drug we need!

Favourite moments, watching the Germans' noble challenge to the Chinese. Baum tried and crumpled under the frustration. Boll returned to form and so so close to beating Ma Long.

(wish ITTF would change from Flash based Video. I want to watch on my IPad!*#}?)

If you download the iSwifter browser from the AppStore, you can watch flash stuff (including itTV) on your Ipad ;)