Rubbers - H3N with og without blue sponge

says Hi all you players out there [IMG] My name is Philip...
May 2013
Rubbers - H3N with or without blue sponge

How much difference does it make if you buy the Hurricane 3 NEO with the blue sponge instead of the regular sponge? Right now I have bought the Hurricane 3 NEO without the blue sponge, and I am not very satisfied. I miss some effect in my loops. Maybe it’s smarter to combine the Timo Boll ALC blade (which I use) with Tenegy or Andro Rasant rubbers instead the Chinese DHS Rubbers.

Last edited:
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hi phillip RJ, there are a few things you need to know with hurricane. It sounds like you have bought a domestic h3neo. There is different quality of hurricane rubbers available, first is domestic (worst), second is provincial (good) and third is national (best) you can see on this website http://ttnpp.com/shop/index.php?mai...esult&search_in_description=1&keyword=dhs+neo. The national on this website doesn't look like is a neo version so I would buy the provincial neo version.

Another thing is to boost the rubber, the dianchi booster and glue combo is the best for hurricane, although it is more expensive to buy this the booster and glue should last you over a year http://ttnpp.com/shop/booster-c-32.html. I have ordered some dianchi booster and it is what alot of players in china use ;)

The blade you use is fine with h3neo, it just depends which quality of h3 rubber you get and if it is boosted.

Reactions: PhilipRJ
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
I have ordered h3n the regular version of the 16$ in the ttnpp, by a recommendtion of some here, and now surprisingly I see from you that that rubebr is the worst. Is it that worse that I should throw it and buy a better rubber instead? (using on a dhs pg7 blade) and I am not going to boost it.

Last edited:
I have used H3 for more than 5 years, and always struggle to find a consistent quality. But generally H3P and H3N are better rubbers than the commercial, but if you are lucky you can get a good commercial H3. Lately I found that H3Neo has a more consistent quality than the regular.

For booster, I have another suggestion. Play with the rubber for about 1 week, and use it for stroke training. You will find a kind of booster effect and the rubber will be easier to use. I always says to my friend in the club, we need to tame H3 before use it. You can either do it with booster or by doing stroke practice for at least 1 week.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
As far as I know there are few version of each chinese rubber, all of them have same name like H3N, but there is regular very cheap version, then you have national (much more expensive) and provincial very expensive (like 50-60USD). So if you buy with the price 16 usd this should be national or even the cheapest one. The quality is very poor.

May 2013