Ma Long - Hurricane Long 3 Review

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks Dan! If I had to compare it to another blade/brand it would come close to a Stiga Clipper, but still its not close to. The Clipper is more solid than HL3 and a tad faster as well. I the HL3 more balanced as well, even with heavy rubbers one both sides. I think HL3/DHS 506/PG 7/ TG7-AL are in their own league somehow. Perhaps it is the ballonet technology they use in their blades.

The Hurricane 3 National rubber are really good if you have the technique in place. The are not forgiven if you aren't in balance. In terms of spin and speed I can not come up with other rubbers that are similar.

Awesome, thanks for the update :) Clipper blades are great I have tried that. What do you mean when you say HL3/DHS 506/PG7 ballonet technology?

Yeah I want to try it, I will try to get a sheet soon as see how it performs for my technique. Do you boost your National Hurricane 3?

This user has no status.
At Hurricane long 3 i see my Yasaka Max Wood.
The composition is exactly the same(Limba/ayous/ayous/ayous/ayous/ayous/Limba),as the best non-composite blades on the market.
The only difference i see,is the "red ayous"plies,while yasaka uses blue/purple special fibre glue between the Limba' n' ayous top plies. (at least what yasaka says)
I find it pretty expensive for what it gots(being similar to mine),not saying that is a bad blade,cuz is one of the best all woods,but with a difference of 70 euros minimum(i guess Dhs Hurricane long 3 is about 130€ (in europe) 100€ (in china),while clippers,pg7,yasaka max wood,are about 30-40€).
There's really anything worthing that money,for the differences you see in the blade?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Awesome, thanks for the update :) Clipper blades are great I have tried that. What do you mean when you say HL3/DHS 506/PG7 ballonet technology?

Yeah I want to try it, I will try to get a sheet soon as see how it performs for my technique. Do you boost your National Hurricane 3?

IMHO the DHS 506 is better value for money. On my HL3 some of the serial number includes 506 so perhaps it is something similar.

Ballonet Technology is something DHS are marketing on the HL3/DHS 506/TG7-AL/PG7. The function of the ballonet is that it should give the ball a catapult effect when hitting the ball just like when you are striking a balloon. I do not know how they incorporated the technology in the blade or if it's just marketing.

Where are you getting your H3 blue sponge sheet from? Yeah I boost my Hurricane, without boosting the rubber I do not get the fully potential out of the rubber.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
IMHO the DHS 506 is better value for money. On my HL3 some of the serial number includes 506 so perhaps it is something similar.

Ballonet Technology is something DHS are marketing on the HL3/DHS 506/TG7-AL/PG7. The function of the ballonet is that it should give the ball a catapult effect when hitting the ball just like when you are striking a balloon. I do not know how they incorporated the technology in the blade or if it's just marketing.

Where are you getting your H3 blue sponge sheet from? Yeah I boost my Hurricane, without boosting the rubber I do not get the fully potential out of the rubber.

Thanks for info. Very interesting indeed I would like to try one of these blades to see what effect there is. I don't know where to get Nationa Hurricane 3 atm, where do you get yours mate?

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Thanks for info. Very interesting indeed I would like to try one of these blades to see what effect there is. I don't know where to get Nationa Hurricane 3 atm, where do you get yours mate?

I get mine H3 national from my personal pusher in China ;) They are quite hard to find.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan you should try Dhs Gold Arc 3.. also try eacheng.net or ping-pong.tw for national rubbers.. lack of blue sponge though, for these its best to know people wink wink nudge nudge

Thanks buddy for the info ! :) Haha yes you sometimes need an insider :)

Funny enough I'm uploading a review of the DHS Gold Arc 3 tomorrow night. Very good rubber!

This user has no status.
Dan, I order my H3 National from TTNPP (http://ttnpp.com/store/). Sometimes I get my rubbers after 4 days and sometimes it takes 4 weeks. Just place an order together with Haifu Seamoon booster and try it out! It's a different world, and I like it. I'd love to try it with the Hurricane Long 3.

Reactions: Suga D and Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
which one are you reviewing because there are 4 different hardness versions, check this http://www.ping-pong.tw/product_info.php?cPath=27_44&products_id=3059

. ive got the 2.1 black ( hard )

Yeah I didnt realise until just before we started the review. We reviewed the Medium-Hard sponge. Excellent rubber. How do you find the hard version?

Dan, I order my H3 National from TTNPP (http://ttnpp.com/store/). Sometimes I get my rubbers after 4 days and sometimes it takes 4 weeks. Just place an order together with Haifu Seamoon booster and try it out! It's a different world, and I like it. I'd love to try it with the Hurricane Long 3.

Awesone Mikael I will consider this I really want to try the blade! What do you like about it?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Yeah I didnt realise until just before we started the review. We reviewed the Medium-Hard sponge. Excellent rubber. How do you find the hard version?

its surprisingly soft for a meant to be hard sponge.. maybe its the topsheet which is rather soft.. in any case it seems to be rated using a euro/jap sponge hardness, that would be my guess.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
its surprisingly soft for a meant to be hard sponge.. maybe its the topsheet which is rather soft.. in any case it seems to be rated using a euro/jap sponge hardness, that would be my guess.

Yeah I found the hardness quite similar to Tenergy. I think the rubbers are of very good quality.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy