says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys,

I have been in contact with Richard Prause who is the current head coach of the Werner Schalger Academy and is the former coach of Timo Boll and the German National Team. Richard has accepted our offer where he will answer your questions posted on this TableTennisDaily discussion.

richardprausettd.JPG

Richard Prause supporting TableTennisDaily at the WSA

TableTennisDaily will pick 10 of the best questions submitted, and we will send them to the great man himself. I will send the questions on Tuesday 11th June 2013.

Get posting your favorite questions guys. Post about anything you would like to know on how to develop as a player, Timo Boll questions, WSA questions and more.

Reactions: Suga D
Administrator
Oct 2010
OH WOW! Another great opportunity thanks to TableTennisDaily!

Got any deadline, Dan? Gotta prepare a very good question for such an opportunity :)

Hey buddy! Thanks mate! :) I just added a deadline, I will send the questions on Tuesday 11th June 2013.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Hey guys from TTD thanks a lot for this new opportunity to speak with pros. My question is about defensive players learning.

-For the young kids that decide to play defence with long pimples, Are there many new great young players that choose this way? And if yes, what's the chronology of their training? Do they start only LP training at the moment they decide to? Or do they train random rubber for the first years. Do you respect their initial choice of playing with long pimples or do you always promote the off play with your pupils.

Thanks a lot

Reactions: Dan
This is a rare opportunity. :))))

Good day Sir Richard!
Coaching stuff:
Question 1: How can you help a player conquer inferiority?
Question 2: How will you strengthen a player's mental state in a deuce situation?
Question 3: How will a player (without a coach) increase his/her on game analysis?

Equipment:
Question 1: In your own opinion, what is the best brand of table tennis equipments for pros? for beginners?
Question 2:What is your preferred shoe specification?

Others:
Question 1: Who's your best student?
Question 2: How can I win consecutive matches without a deteriorating play?

Thanks in advance! :)

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
At what age does a table tennis player stop being competitive, and it becomes obvious that they are slow? I don't mean at international level, but simply at pro level...Waldner played and won his last major title in his forties, do you think that would have been possible today, or is that physically impossible?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Many people involved in Table Tennis believe that the chinese are now unbeatable. The same belief was proven utterly false by the swedish team back in the 85-95 decade. I believe that Japan, Germany, France and Korea have good possibilities on beating them but they are afraid of them too much. What do you think?

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I'll be seeing him in a week's time too :D hehe, make sure you all check out the interview with Richard that I already posted on TTD so you don't repeat any questions. Let's see what would I ask that I missed last time...hmmm

What is it about Timo Boll that lifts him that little bit higher than the other European players to challenge the Chinese and claim the Euro Champs title 6 times?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Thank you TableTennisDaily, it is a great opportunity.

Here are my questions about statistics and robots:

Statistics:
- Does professional players/coaches uses a lot of statistical analysis and track matches ?
- What do you think about the new butterfly app you contributed to develop ?

Robots
- Do professional player normally uses robots ?
- If not why ?
- If you use robot as a coach, how you use it ?

Final
- What do you think about future evolutions of the use of technology and statistics for table tennis?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
My question to Richard :
German players are probably the best player in Europe. However it´s still difficult to defeat chinese player.
What do you think is missing to european table tennis so we can be as goog as them ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Wow great feature for Table Tennis Daily and the Werner Schlager Academy!

Picking only 10 questions will be a tough one. Here are mine...

Q1 (Maybe this can be an extra beyond the 10 because it gives Richard the chance to tell us more about and promote WSA)
Table Tennis Daily has thousands of eager players of all ages and levels keen to develop and improve their skills and enjoyment.
Please can you tell us more about the content of the training programmes offered by the WSA for different levels of player. Is the WSA focussed only on top international players and why might players at different levels want to consider visiting the academy or joining one of your WSA training camps ?
(PS Is there any chance of the WSA offering a discount to TTD members booking onto WSA camps?)

Q2 Do you believe there are any technical reasons why European players are failing to match the Chinese at the moment, or is it about not technical factors like confidence, practice partners, training time, and number of players to select from ?

Q3 With your vast experience of coaching, what in general do you and your team find is the most common weakness amongst players of different levels and what would you encourage players and coaches to do to address it ?
(e.g. Footwork, Service, Loop, Backhand weakness, anticipation, tactics etc)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
What steps are taken (if any) at the WSA to ensure that the training for international-level European players before major competitions is just as intensive as that offered by China to the CNT?