Need Help on my set-up!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
for the price and simplicity sake, like actually being able to find the rubber go with vega asia both sides, but thats not for certain.. if you liek to flat hit with fh go with BTY Sriver.

then again sriver both sides isnt a bad choice either.. but we shall see after your video try to cover different strokes in the video include blocking as well.. then maybe a video of a full set or two

--------------------------------------

from reading your other post it sounds like you are intermediate player, if even...

if you already have your rw XO i guess u could keep it but in reality it will do more harm than good if its too stiff, you would need something more like HHao or yasaka extra ar donnic appelgren allplay

and sriver both sides or sriver Fh and vega asia bh

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I don't think any of us have tried the Tour series from Stiga as they released a month ago(?).

I tried it out a few months ago at the Korea distributor and sponsor of our KFTTC. I liked it on an OFF to OFF- prototype of the upcoming Tibhar Inca, designed by the president, Oscar. I really liked its feel and pop on my loops. Great combo. Medium everything on that blade, but good pace and spin. The president gave me a free sheet of the H version (I love hard sponge on FH) to use for a tourney. I slapped it on the M. Maze and it wasn't nearly as good a performing rubber as it was on the Inca. I gave the rubber to a friend to use on a Calix II I got for him.

I would say use it if you like, but OP is probably looking for a different property of rubber for RPB.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Now, i'm thinking Xiom Sigma Pro 2 Max on the FH while STIGA Calibra LT on the BH...

The throw of regular Calibra LT is very LOW. You might like that when you counterloop vs incoming topspin. that is a very good strength of calibra LT, that and it is one FAST son of a gun for a sudden attack. You might want a higher throw rubber like Decoy suggests. The softer versions of Claibra LT are not as Low throw though.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We have a C-Pen player who uses RPB. he is mostly a retriever from distance who likes to sidespin the fish or retrieve. Very tricky player. He sometimes stays close toe the table and FH attacks. He has used a lot of different rubbers, but settled on mid soft FH rubber.

On BH RPB, he counters from both close to the table and from distance if you give him a high loop. He steps up, snaps the arm and wrist and WHAMMO, power slpas the piss outta the ball for an almost unstoppable shot that is laser straight, extremely fast, very flat, and has little spin. That is one difficult ball to stop. By the way, he uses Calibra LT on BH RPB.

Not many C-Pen users hit the same way he does, many like to control and spin the ball. Everyone must understand their strengths, their objectives, their level, their future, and choose appropriate equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Hi Guys, i suddenly have the though of using short pips on the FH, like LGL. Haha...either STIGA Royal or Clippa?? which is better?? and for the RPB, i have though of Mendo Energy( be Totally like LGL), or Magna TX, Boost TX or just any tensor rubber i think..:p