• Joo Se Hyuk

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
But a Ma Long - Boll final would be epic :D the reveange of the fallen Ma at WTTTC 2010 :D I know they already played a match after the WTTTC 2010 ;) but it was not an important one :D

Yeah, I mean I definitely love watching Boll and Ma Long play each other, but if they do play each other, since Ma Long hasn't really played in a long ass time in international events, and he is coming off what apparently is a pretty nagging injury, I don't want him to lose, and have Boll win the tourney. Plus I just think in the future, it will become increasingly hard for Ma Long to beat Xu Xin. Out of Ma Long, Xu XIn, and Zhang Jike, I would say Ma Long's short game is probably the worst. He is so quick and able to loop from both sides so well that its generally not a problem. Zhang Jike's short game is really really good for a shakehand player, and he more often than not is able to flip or loop when playing Ma Long, its just that his attacks are not so powerful that they can overcome just how all around skilled Ma Long is. But Xu Xin's forehand loops have become so good that Ma Long in order to return it is forced to do more of a defensive or neutral hit back, as opposed to adding his own offensive power to the hit, and therefore, because Xu Xin's short game is better, it will only continue to create more and more problems for Ma Long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Okay several things:

1. Ma Lin lost to Ryu Seung Min? I want to see that game the most. WTF?
2. Wow Joo Se Hyuk actually won 2 games from Ma Long. I guess the injury did take its toll? Or did JSH improve?
3. Ma Long beat Ovtcharov 4-0. Is Ovtcharov's style already cracked?
4. Xu Xin beat Wang Liqin 4-0. That's some skill right there. I still hope Wang is in good enough shape for 2012 Olympics though.
5. Ma Long vs Xu Xin! My personal favorite. Two chinese players of the same calibre, but of almost opposite playing styles. I hope Ma Long puts up a good fight despite his injuries, but I want to see more lefty action!
6. Boll vs Zhang Jike. I would have to say Boll. I don't see Zhang Jike doing 100% under pressure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
today timo boll vs zhang jike i hope timo will win

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
The Lone Ranger rides again; this time in the Middle East, to be precise in Qatar.

Furthermore, he has with him his trusted scout “Rossi” alongside, as he faces foes from the east in an effort to stop the invaders plundering the spoils.

Germany’s Timo Boll is the Lone Ranger with his coach, Jörg Rosskopf, steering him through treacherous paths; so far so good.

At the close of play on Saturday 12th February 2011, the title hopes of Timo Boll at the Qatar Open remain alive.

However, he is alone, very much alone; all the remaining competitors are from the region of the world once ruled by the ruthless Ghengis Khan.

No Prisoners
Reputedly he took no prisoners and neither did the modern days stars of Chinese table tennis on the penultimate day of action in Doha.

Once again the Chinese were simply superb, all four Women’s Singles semi-finals are from China as are both pairs in the Men’s and Women’s Doubles finals.

New Generation
Meanwhile in the Men’s Singles event as in the Women’s Singles event the new generation of Chinese players made their presence felt.

Ma Long and Zhang Jike, both 22 years old posted quarter-final victories as did 21 year old Xu Xin.

Senior Statesman
Three Chinese stars through to the semi-finals, the one remaining place is that filled by Timo Boll, in the company of his final day adversaries, he is very much the senior statesman.

Timo Boll is 30 years old; at least eight years the senior of any potential last day adversary.

Defeated Ryu Seung Min
At the quarter-final stage, as he had done in eleven of the twelve previous meetings in world ranking events Korea’s Ryu Seung Min recorded an impressive victory.

He beat the 2004 Olympic champion in five games; winning 11-4, 11-4, 12-10, 6-11, 11-9.

Zhang Jike
Success for German but then the Chinese juggernaut rolled into action.

Zhang Jike beat Japan’s Jun Mizutani in six games, he won 12-10, 3-11, 11-5, 10-12, 11-9, 12-10 in a contest full of exciting rallies, a contest in which Jun Mizutani had opportunities.

In the fifth game Jun Mizutani led 7-3 before Zhang Jike recovered and in the sixth game he was ahead 10-9 before the Chinese star won three points in a row to secure victory.

Opportunities
Equally, in the ensuing all Chinese contest, Wang Hao had his opportunities against Xu Xin; the match went the full seven games distance with Xu Xin eventually winning 5-11, 11-8, 11-6, 7-11, 7-11, 11-4, 11-8.

The big chance for Wang Hao came in the seventh games; he led 8-5, Xu Xin called “Time Out” and never looked back.

Breathtaking
It was a tremendous match but for sheer dazzling entertainment the contest to behold was the match that brought the fourth day of play to a conclusion.

Ma Long beat Joo Se Hyuk in six games (11-9, 11-6, 12-10, 8-11, 9-11, 12-10) in a contest where after losing the first three games, the defensive play reached new levels, breathtaking.

Success for Ma Long and one final thought for the day.

Breathtaking
Ma Long, Xu Xin and Zhang Jike are through to the Men’s Singles semi-finals in Qatar; Ma Lin, Wang Hao and Wang Liqin, the trio that represented China in the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and all present in Qatar, did not reach the penultimate stage, in fact only Wang reached the quarter-finals.
boll_12_02_11_Large.jpg

Timo Boll ploughing a lone furrow in Doha Photo By: Adel Hakouz

I am Damo and i dont have rights to this all rights belong to here: http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=23239&Competition_ID=2012&

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Hm .. I think XU Xin is 4-2 losing to Ma Long. Timo Boll is 4:1 win against Zhang Jike. The finals would be Timo Boll against Ma Long and Timo Boll is going to win 4-3;) but one can deceive ... let's wait =)
It will definitely be nice games

=)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
That's it, Timo wins :)
Now the two players which I picked in the other thread to win the title..too bad they're meeting each other in the semis :D

says http://N-Box.co.cc [IMG] My Best Player after Ma Long...
Oct 2010
Ma Long going to Win ^_^ :)

Oct 2010
guys when i saw BOLL Timo vs ZHANG Jike and XU Xin vs MA Long full match on itTV, i think Timo gonna to win ;)
he is more powerful and controller of XU Xin.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Told ya ;)
But Boll has player a better tournament than I had expected..
I'm looking forward to the German Open, will be there on 3 days :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Well, I was wrong that Zhang Jike would beat Boll, but I was right that Xu Xin would beat Ma Long, and that he would then win the tournament. There is a reason why penhold players, even though they make a tiny percentage of the overall professional players, even within China now, always have a place in the top 3-4. They just have superior short game control, and when you have that, you are always able to attack first. For Ma Lin and Wang Hao, that fact has proven very successful and deadly, but they don't have the physical gifts that Xu Xin has. His reach and height advantage gives him better leverage in his shots, and thus when he does attack, the quality of his forehand is probably better than anyone in the game now. The amount of spin and the insane angles he is able to get.

When you consider how dominating Wang Liqin was in his prime, its because of his steady backhand, but more importantly just how overwhelming his forehand is. Now you take that forehand, and add it to the fact that because Xu Xin with his superior short game is able to attack first more often than not.... thats a deadly combination. If anyone will separate themselves from the pack in the future for the Chinese team, it will be Xu Xin.