Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 12 112
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 112 12

User Info Menu

Exclamation Blade sensitivity to spin

With tenergy 05 and 64 they both are extremely sensitive to spin, in order to create more spin, and when someone loops heavy topspin off backspin it is very hard to block or topspin back without it flying away. I have tried out some of my friends bats with the same tenergy 05 but on different blades and I am able to loop drive close to table off heavy topspin. They are also able to do so. Are there different blades which are best for this and if so which ones. I was thinking it was hinoki or just soft blades but I've seen people with hard carbon blades hit through topspin. Is it blade thickness?
    SPIN it To WIN​ it

The will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital
    -Joe Paterno

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,452 1,991
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,991 1,452
    Soft blades provide better information about what happens when you hit the ball. If a player with a hard blade can counterloop with ease, that means his technique is good, its not a matter of a blade or rubbers. If you know how to counterloop you can do it with a 30$ paddle from eacheng.net

So its all about technique not equipment. Whether you like soft or hard blades, just practice for a long time (at least a year) sticking with the same rubber/blade setup and you will see significant improvement in all of your strokes
    I suck real bad so I train to suck less

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 95 533
    D
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 533 95
    its more technique than anything else.. blade composition structure only provide the optimum feel from one blade to the next, which is interpreted differently by you or me.. it really goes down to what feels best for you... but i would say softer high dwell blades help as they will allow a bigger margin for error

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 150 2,988
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,988 150

User Info Menu

Mar 2011
    Indonesia
    Read 1 Reviews
    The rule of the thumb (given that the same rubber is used is the same) is that:
    The stiffer the blade, the less sensitive the overall setup is to spin.
    The more flex the blade has, the more sensitive the overall setup is to spin.

Reason: Mostly dwell time.

That's what I know at this point. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
    GFoT |Blade : Timo Boll ALC • FH : DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial MAX • BH : Tenergy 64 MAX
    Crossover to Takeover!