Differences between sriver fx,DHS skyline 2 neo and skyline 3 neo

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I guess this is the info i needed at all.
Usually i only played sriver fx because i got no other sheet,my forehand used to be Yakasa MArkV (which i loved).
When i get the topic asking about differents from skyline 2 compared to sriver fx,was because i dont like sriver Fx in my blade,its too mushy,too soft,and i was trying to find something harder.
Because normally i play close to the table,and i only go back for defend sometimes,i was thinking about the skyline 2 neo,i think that i can adapt to it,since i got a nice body movement.For the twiddle game is what makes me worry,if i can handle it switching around from FH to BH,i by other side,the killing strokes,since my BH is a super-anti :D
If after a while i find some trouble,i will go for Tibhar Aurus.
There's a normal (medium-hard) and soft sponge of aurus?Or many types like tenergy?
Thanks UpSideDownCarl , your answer was clarified enough about tacky or non-tacky differences. :)

Keep trainin'

Okay. That is great news. Then try the Skyline II for a while. Give it a chance. Give yourself a chance to get used to it.

If you like it, nothing to change. If you don't like it after about a month or 2, or when it is dead, you could try Aurus, or Tenergy or any other speed glue effect rubber. But try them without boosting first. Those new rubbers, used without boosting will play closer to a Sriver or a Mark V boosted than they would if they are boosted or used with speed glue. If you get used to them, then, some players use them and boost them. No need to. And with those, I would not boost them to start out.

But, with TG II, boost it. :)

This user has no status.
Thats nice UpSideDownCarl ,i didnt have sure if i should boost the skyline 2 neo at 1st,since people say that it already has a thin coat of booster on the sponge.
But since you said too,and i believe you know skyline better then me,i would boost it.
My only thing is that it takes so long to the dome get down. :D
You know when you got something new you just want to tried,so thats the feeling. eheheh
Thanks for all your help,i will follow your advice and give a time to adapt to skyline.I just hope it suits me .

Greetings and sorry for take so long to answer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hello there just getting to this. Try regular skyline 2 for boosting. Get nittaku finezip and put a layer on and hairdry. Then put a layer of falco, dianchi, or kailin. Wait to dry. Afterwards, put another layer of finezip and dry again. Then put a second layer of oil. After that's dry, put a last couple layers of finezip on the skyline, and a couple on a sealed blade so the wood won't soak in water, and put it together. The skyline will have more pop to it, feel softer and easier to control. Short game and serves will be a little harder than an unboosted skyline, but the top spin close to the table and at mid distance will be great.