Xu Xin v Zhang Jike WTTC 2013 Rubber Trimming

So I was watching a replay of Zhang Jike and Xu Xin's game in 2013 WTTC and I noticed that after a while during the game Xu Xin's racket must've not met requirements for the game because in the middle of the game I saw him go off and trim the edges off of his rubbers. I was wondering why he did this because wouldn't they have to check his rubbers before hand?
Xu Xin.jpg

Reactions: Alborz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
So I was watching a replay of Zhang Jike and Xu Xin's game in 2013 WTTC and I noticed that after a while during the game Xu Xin's racket must've not met requirements for the game because in the middle of the game I saw him go off and trim the edges off of his rubbers. I was wondering why he did this because wouldn't they have to check his rubbers before hand?
View attachment 4150

Maybe it was within the regulatory limits, but still bugging XX.

If I remember correctly Xu Xin hit the edge of the table during a rally which caused a tear in his rubber. That's why he had to cut off a small part of it.
I watched the match again and I noticed that when he was playing he didn't seem to hit the table with his racket, he seemed far away from the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
apparently, xu xin chipped his main racket on the table in the 3rd set, he then had to use his backup racket, and he had to trim some rubbers off to meet the regulation

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
If you watch the full match it is 20:16, or 20:28 and 20:35 in replay that he hit the table slightly. He show the racket to umpire on 20:45 and 21:02 (seams like a request by ZJK on 20:23). He then was asked to replaced it with his backup. WTTC was the first tournament XX spot using the new Stiga Intensity NCT and did not perform well. May be he still need more time to get used to the new setup and certainly a hastily prepared backup won't help.