Video of me and a friend

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Hello everybody

Some of you guys should remember my tabletennisvideo that i posted around Christmas. I asked you for some help to improve my skills. Because of you guys did that i improved a lot. But now i have a championship of the club coming up so i made another video with the same friend as the first video.
I hope that you could give me some advice so i can improve more and more.

It isn't a good quality but you can see enough to say what's good and what's wrong.

Here it is:

I am the one with the Donic shirt of Patrick Baum (first set standing at the far side of the table)

Thank you all for your attention! :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I can analyze stuff in more detail later, but let's start off with a few things...

You do not go for wild shots and try to play a stable game with many pro looking serve motion and on other shots. that is good. Going for too much is what kills a lot of players.

On the other hand, when you get the chance, you are not making aggressive shots to win points. Your attacks are consistent, but do not trouble your opponents a lot. One must find their balance, you go for too much, you lose points, you go for too little you do not win points.

A lot of times, opponent gave you a medium pace underspin right to your body and most of the time, you decided to make a FH topspin. You missed 1/2 of these. The times you landed your first shot, he was able to block it easily, usually away from you. In those cases, you were not on balance very well and had to scramble backwards, instead of to the side. You missed getting to that ball most of the time and when you did, your return was easy to manage.

it would help a LOT to do TWO things. Be ready to use a spinny BH topspin opener instead. You keep position, balance, and have the option to use a FH for the next ball. You could also drill with a partner this same sequence, but focus on being stable on balance and move sideways staying closer to the table to get to the block.

You seem to prefer making loops 1.5 meters away from the table or further back. Those loops you were doing did not bother your opponent much. All he did was soft block them safely and you stayed back there and kept up the same kind of shot, kinda spinny, not so much pace, predictable location. That will win points vs the crowd who is scared of topspin and cannot block, but you could do a lot better by changing one thing. When you open, do not drift back and do the same kind of continuous attack. Instead, make the opening spinny topspin, stay near the table, move forward and HIT the next ball. That involves a different stroke, but it will win you a lot more points. The chance is there, take it. After the opening topspin, move forward and either use a hard drive or smash, or make a strong fast loopdrive to the three good zones: Wide FH, Wide BH or right at the gut.

Reactions: xu xin lover
This user has no status.
My oppinion is,

your footwork is kinda incomplete,mostly you only do 2 "samba moves".
Other point,when you're receiving the service,your position is way out of the table,when mostly you should staying inside BH area (for your playrole)
Seems your Bh is quite weak,so much,that you dont feel confortable using it,and most of the time you receive the service with FH,even that you shouldnt.
In your serves,you should put more effort into it,since they are not seeming so spinny like they should,and easy to receive by that way.
At rest,i agree with Der_Echte,so i guess i dont need to tell you,that you got opportunities of lifted ball to kill much points and you just went little slow topspins,easy to block.
And at many receives you attacked 1st ball,when you should wait for 3th,where the ball reading and stability were greater.
But keep trainin',you will get it :)

Reactions: xu xin lover