Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 70 372
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 372 70

Table Tennis Shoes Recommendations

Hey guys!
    I would like to replace my table tennis shoes(which was given to me by my teammate) because it's clearly worn out. I "slide" when playing (even with damp cloth) so I guess that's a pretty significant sign to finally replace it.LOL

ATM, I found Joola, Stiga, Donic, Butterfly, Mizuno brands here selling TT shoes. I really want Mizuno and Butterfly shoes but I'm not quite sure about their authenticity. The rest are pretty authentic.

Can you recommend me some shoes based on the brands I mentioned? If you're using some from a particular brand that I mentioned, can you tell me it's features? And what should I consider when buying TT shoes? I want mine to last for at least 2-3 years.

Thanks guys!

says Over 30yr TT experience

Advanced TTD Member 136 312
    says Over 30yr TT experience

Advanced TTD Member 312 136

User Info Menu

I suggest Mizuno Wave Drive or Wave Medal. Very comfortable shoes, especially when you have wide feet. The shoe sole is grippy, but not too grippy, so you won' t break your ankle.

The Following 2 Users Like P1ngP0ng3r's Post:

Rhydian and TaTe-Maniac

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by P1ngP0ng3r
    I suggest Mizuno Wave Drive or Wave Medal. Very comfortable shoes, especially when you have wide feet. The shoe sole is grippy, but not too grippy, so you won' t break your ankle.
    Nice! I have wide feet so that may suit me. Anyway, what's the difference between Mizuno Wave Drive and Medal?

says #ForTheLegacy

Administrator 4,240 6,797
    says #ForTheLegacy

Administrator 6,797 4,240

User Info Menu

I have wide feet to and find the Butterfly Energy Force trainers are great for this. I have a pair of Stiga trainers to, great attribute about them is Stiga trainers are very light.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Likes Dan's Post:

harveyaquino

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 750 1,580
    S
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,580 750
    Mizuno crossmatch are very list and comfortable and cheap

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 16,114 14,620
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 14,620 16,114
    I have a pair of Stiga Table Tennis shoes. They are the Center Court shoes. They are Stiga's "top of the line" shoes. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM. For the first 3 months they were great. But the material they use to make the shoes is really weak. They cannot support LATERAL MOVEMENT!!!!!!

On both the left and right shoe, the material of the upper (not the sole), is ripping at the sides on both the inside and the outside. Both shoes, INSIDE EDGE AND OUTSIDE EDGE, THE MATERIAL IS RIPPING FROM LATERAL MOVEMENT. On the inside of both shoes, from the big toe to the center of my inner arch, and on the outside, from my little toe towards the heel about 3 inches, the material is tearing from side to side movements. The soles are great. The shoes look great. 3 months of wear and they are just about done. I have never had a shoe or sneaker or trainer or what ever you want to call them, OF ANY KIND, fall apart like that. They are extremely light. But they cannot hold up to the stress of 3-5 days a week of play.

My previous pair of Table Tennis shoes lasted 3+ years and the sole wore out, the material never tore on the upper part of the shoe. The old ones were Butterfly.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

TTD Member 11 88
    E
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 88 11
    Yes like Dan said, I find the Butterfly Energy Force shoes very suitable and durable for all players. They can very in width, grip, height and weight, all for a reasonable price (~$100 a pair). They will most certainly last you at least half a year unless you're just hitting puberty which I doubt :~)

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by EricTian
    They will most certainly last you at least half a year unless you're just hitting puberty which I doubt :~)
    LOL.what do you mean by that?

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with Butterfly then.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    I have a pair of Stiga Table Tennis shoes. They are the Center Court shoes. They are Stiga's "top of the line" shoes. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM. For the first 3 months they were great. But the material they use to make the shoes is really weak. They cannot support LATERAL MOVEMENT!!!!!!

On both the left and right shoe, the material of the upper (not the sole), is ripping at the sides on both the inside and the outside. Both shoes, INSIDE EDGE AND OUTSIDE EDGE, THE MATERIAL IS RIPPING FROM LATERAL MOVEMENT. On the inside of both shoes, from the big toe to the center of my inner arch, and on the outside, from my little toe towards the heel about 3 inches, the material is tearing from side to side movements. The soles are great. The shoes look great. 3 months of wear and they are just about done. I have never had a shoe or sneaker or trainer or what ever you want to call them, OF ANY KIND, fall apart like that. They are extremely light. But they cannot hold up to the stress of 3-5 days a week of play.

My previous pair of Table Tennis shoes lasted 3+ years and the sole wore out, the material never tore on the upper part of the shoe. The old ones were Butterfly.
    Whoa! Stiga shoes are on sale here and I'm quite tempted to buy the shoes you just mentioned. I'm glad I've created this thread to ask your opinions. Thanks for your input Sir Carl!

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Thanks for your input guys! Really appreciate it...

I'll now go with Butterfly.

says denial, it's not just a river in north africa

Established TTD Member 51 191
    H
    says denial, it's not just a river in north africa

Established TTD Member 191 51
    afaik butterfly shoes are rebranded asics. the gel blade 3 shoes that i have are pretty solid and have taken an absolute beating from me with no obvious signs of degradation (i am seriously hard on equipment). the upside is they are cheaper and may be easier to get hold of ... ymmv

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 29 152
    I
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 152 29
    My wife and I use Donic Waldner Flex II. They are light, cheap (about $40 on sale here) and reasonably grippy. Each pair lasts about 2 years.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 63
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 63 8
    On of the response no one mention to you about genuine brand. A lot of fake shoes that are cheap. Be aware my kaibigan

This user has no status.

TTD Member 0 11
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 11 0

User Info Menu

May 2013
    UK
    Read 0 Reviews
    go for Stiga mate

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami902
    On of the response no one mention to you about genuine brand. A lot of fake shoes that are cheap. Be aware my kaibigan
    Hey there! You're a Filipino? Baka may alam kang magandang pagbilhan ng authentic Butterfly shoes sa Philippines? May alam ako pagbilhan pero hindi ko sure kung authentic nga yun(from Wadjad Table Tennis) It makes no sense to buy expensive shoes that are not even authentic.

Thanks!

This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 63
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 63 8
    Rakuten: Nittaku Shoes Table Tennis - Shopping Japanese products from Japan

Bro. these is a good website and good prices and authentic direct from japan. Oskie Santelices is my long time friend noong bata pa kami. Do you know him?

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunami902
    Rakuten: Nittaku Shoes Table Tennis - Shopping Japanese products from Japan

Bro. these is a good website and good prices and authentic direct from japan. Oskie Santelices is my long time friend noong bata pa kami. Do you know him?
    Si kuya Oskie?? Wow, kalalaro lang namin kanina!
    BTW, if I ordered from Rakuten, how long usually yung delivery?

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Butterfly is now out of the thread because the only source I know said it ran out of stock.
    Now, Donic, Joola, Mizuno, Stiga will battle it out for me.LOL

This user has no status.

TTD Member 8 63
    T
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 63 8
    I'm here in San Diego California. It took 2 weeks. I don't know dyan sa pinas. You can ask them. Send me your emai para sa email tayo magusap or FB. Give my regars to oskie. Oly

This user has no status.

TTD Member 15 89
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 89 15
    I use Stiga Premier and they seem to work pretty well. But to be fair it is the only shoes I've ever used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast