Table Tennis Shoes Recommendations

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you play every day for 3-5 hours and train hard and play hard with lots of explosive movement... it really doesn't matter who makes the shoes, they will NEVER stay serviceable after 6 months, no way. NOBODY can make a shoe that will be near 100%.

If you accept the fact that for the benefit of traction and performance, and the #1 reason, your HEALTH, you should change out shoes at or before 6 months if you are an everyday warrior.

The missing link people neglect is how well the shoe fits and how well it molds to your arch dynamics and how well they support during all the sudden and explosive lateral movement under force with direction change. Although you can luck out and find something serviceable in the $50 to $70 price range, I would say do not restrict yourself to the bargain bin. You have to consider the health of your feet, and also how it affects the rest of your joints. THAT is where one should consider investing the big money, your body will thank you.

I have been lucky that almost every brand I tried could work for me after I put in custom inserts for my feet. I have played successfully with Dawei, Stiga, Tibhar, and Nexy shoes. The last two shoes I have used are Nexy and they are 80% at the 6 month mark using them daily. Although they are still in good shape, at that point, I had better get moving to replace them. it isn't worth it to get injured or have crappy performance with bad shoes.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
If you play every day for 3-5 hours and train hard and play hard with lots of explosive movement... it really doesn't matter who makes the shoes, they will NEVER stay serviceable after 6 months, no way. NOBODY can make a shoe that will be near 100%.

If you accept the fact that for the benefit of traction and performance, and the #1 reason, your HEALTH, you should change out shoes at or before 6 months if you are an everyday warrior.

The missing link people neglect is how well the shoe fits and how well it molds to your arch dynamics and how well they support during all the sudden and explosive lateral movement under force with direction change. Although you can luck out and find something serviceable in the $50 to $70 price range, I would say do not restrict yourself to the bargain bin. You have to consider the health of your feet, and also how it affects the rest of your joints. THAT is where one should consider investing the big money, your body will thank you.

I have been lucky that almost every brand I tried could work for me after I put in custom inserts for my feet. I have played successfully with Dawei, Stiga, Tibhar, and Nexy shoes. The last two shoes I have used are Nexy and they are 80% at the 6 month mark using them daily. Although they are still in good shape, at that point, I had better get moving to replace them. it isn't worth it to get injured or have crappy performance with bad shoes.

I appreciate your good advice Sir and you certainly have a good point regarding health.
However, I am only a student representing our university so I play for 9-10 months because that's one academic year here. I do not play everyday, just 2-3 times a week, (but not like every week) for 3-4 hours per training. I would love to change shoes every 6 months, but I do not have enough money to spend. So what I'm planning is to buy a reasonably priced (80-100$ will do) shoes that can last at least a year for me or even for 2 years.

Thanks again.:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011