Xiom Vega Japan

This user has no status.
Hey guys! Can you give your insights on this rubber, Xiom Vega Japan. I would like to use it on my TB ALC as a BH rubber.
Right now I would like to know what you guys can say to its performance and durability especially because I have an upcoming tournament this September (around 2nd week) and I'm hoping it would last until that time?

I play close to mid table. Loops and ends a rally with FH and usually blocks and sometimes can loop with BH. For BH, I need it to be controllable in receiving and also be able to use it in "punch blocks". I wonder if this Xiom Vega Japan rubber fits the description?

Thanks!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I know a few people who like Vega Pro for their backhand. I use Omega IV Europe for mine. I like it a lot. Good spin, good control. I was trying to figure out what the difference between Vega Europe, Vega Japan and Vega Pro was.

What does Vega Japan play like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I just tried the Vega Japan today on a test bat on BH.
I actually liked it in BH. IMO it is in between Vega Euro and Vega Pro. The spin is massive with a good brush, guys at the club had a lot of difficulties putting the ball on the table after a opening BH loop. Punching the ball without losing control of it is quite good and it has a good touch.

This user has no status.
not this one though although its not as fast well it might be as fast as some sigma. definately as fast as Omega if not faster than some. VJ is not really a vega

Then what can you suggest sir from the Vega line to be a good backhand rubber? I only look for Xiom right now because I can get good discounts here.:)
Thank you!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I personally like softer rubber on my backhand. Asia is the hardest of the line. Pro is a little softer than Asia and a little harder than Europe. But I do know a lot of people who use Vega Pro on their backhands and really like it.

And Xiom rubbers are great. I use Omega IV Europe on my backhand and I really like that.

Last edited: