DHS Gold Arc 3 Rubber Review

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
DHS Gold Arc 3 Review

TableTennisDaily had the fantastic opportunity to review the latest DHS Gold Arc 3 Rubbers in partnership with our latest TTD competition with TableTennisPRSS. Take part in the competition here.

Dan used the Butterfly Timo Boll ALC blade and Tom used the Butterfly Timo Boll ZLC in the review which looked at the DHS Gold Arc 3 Med/Hard version on both sides of their bats.The review looks at various techniques and a range of shots used in today's modern game of table tennis.

We hope you enjoyed this review, let us know what you think by posting below guys. Have you tried the DHS Gold Arc 3 yet?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well, according to your review, this must be the ultimate rubber for most players since the only drawback is slightly less power away from the table.

For me and Tom the rubber suited our playing style as we both play very close to the table. This is just a playing review not a comparison also. I have to say it's up there with some of the best pre glued rubbers we've tried and I'm sure players who have tried this would agree. Have you tried it buddy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
ive been using the black 2.1 hard version for the last two weeks and its deffiantely a keeper. deffiantely agree with agressive counter shots. the ball tends to land on the table provided you are there early enough. and the rubber is rather forgiving.

also even though it says hard its really medium.. pretty much the same hardness as a worn in tg3bs

Last edited:
Hey Dan! I know you've been using Timo Boll Spirit, but in this review, you used Timo Boll ALC. Do you think results would have been the same if you used your TBS instead of the ALC? Plus they both have arylate carbons inside them right? Because I was thinking of getting a TBS, and some people say that if you're willing to spend a few more money, then why not get an ALC? :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
So, i watched it and first i think you guys are my new favourite players :D
About the review i think that the rubber is also very good for topspin to topspin rallies like you showed.
But one think i ask you, does it fit for forehand or backhand or both?

Great review guys, keep making them i loved it!! :D

Haha thanks for the kind comment buddy! :) I would say the rubber is better suited for the forehand as it's pretty hard and works well for service, counters and aggressive topspinj. You could always use it on the backhand side as me and Tom didn't have to much problem, but I would personally go for a little softer rubber on my backhand.

Dan, no I haven't tried it. It would be fun to do so. I've tried TinArc 3 and i kind of liked it. Could you compare the two?
Also, for further reviews I'd love to have a weight comment. Not in detail, but something a rating like light, medium or heavy (with Tenergy being heavy).

Regards,
Mikael

Thanks for the feedback Mikael, sure we will weigh the rubbers next time, good idea. I actually haven't tried the TinArc 3 so I wouldn't be able to compare. I have seen other reviews on youtube of the TinArc 3 and the two rubbers seem pretty similar. But I cannot say until I try them both :)

I really like this review! Nice Technique both of you :)
When will you upload the review for tenzone Ultra?

Thanks ZJK! And we will upload this in a week or two.

ive been using the black 2.1 hard version for the last two weeks and its deffiantely a keeper. deffiantely agree with agressive counter shots. the ball tends to land on the table provided you are there early enough. and the rubber is rather forgiving.

also even though it says hard its really medium.. pretty much the same hardness as a worn in tg3bs

Yeah we agree, great to hear your enjoying it :)

Hey Dan! I know you've been using Timo Boll Spirit, but in this review, you used Timo Boll ALC. Do you think results would have been the same if you used your TBS instead of the ALC? Plus they both have arylate carbons inside them right? Because I was thinking of getting a TBS, and some people say that if you're willing to spend a few more money, then why not get an ALC? :)

I think the results would have been very similar. Both blades have very similar characteristics indeed. If you can afford to spend that extra little cash then go for the ALC, because you may feel psychologically better with it. But the TBS would still be perfect I am sure :)

Great review guys!
I was searching a while for a DHS GA3 review till i found yours!

Thanks! :) You have came to the right place, welcome to the website Sinukal.

I think the results would have been very similar. Both blades have very similar characteristics indeed. If you can afford to spend that extra little cash then go for the ALC, because you may feel psychologically better with it. But the TBS would still be perfect I am sure :)
I've just decided to get a TBS instead, after using Sardius for a couple of years, which most of us would agree is a very fast blade, since I want to balance the speed and control, thanks a lot Dan! Great review btw. More power to TTDaily! :)

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I've just decided to get a TBS instead, after using Sardius for a couple of years, which most of us would agree is a very fast blade, since I want to balance the speed and control, thanks a lot Dan! Great review btw. More power to TTDaily! :)

Thank you! Yeah sure is fast. Let us know how you find the TBS :) thanks again! :)

Reactions: paolo2422

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, great review! Must take a huge amount of time and effort to stage, shoot, edit and cut... keep up the great work on these TTD reviews! Looking forward to the Adidas Tenzone :cool:

Your right Wes sure takes a long time but worth it in the end, for you guys to have a little more understanding into various equipment out there. Thanks for the nice comment. Adidas review coming soon :)

Reactions: paolo2422