What Rubber To Use??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
DHS Hurricane Wang liqin (30€)
Acuda S3 on forehand (It's faster)
Acuda S2 on backhand (Very good BH Rubber)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you want performance and price, I am going to quote Der_Echte:

Galaxy 896 with dawei XP 2008 Super Power, a $7 rubber. What a control outfit for anyone, beginner, intermediate, or even lower advanced player.

I have shortened this. Der_Echte has been recommending this blade and rubber combination for people want a decent, powerful setup that has a lot of control so you can get you power shots on the table for quite some time. For the price, this is one of the best setups out there. It will run you about $30.00-$40.00 total with shipping and to get something different and better you would have to spend the max of your budget or more. So this is really worth considering.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
DHS Hurricane Wang liqin (30€)
Acuda S3 on forehand (It's faster)
Acuda S2 on backhand (Very good BH Rubber)

This is probably a pretty nice setup. The blade should be good, the rubber should be good. Only problem is, it looks to me like the rubbers alone are more than jijoe123's budget at $50.00 a piece and the blade is about $50.00 which would equal $150.00.

That being said, there are tons of good setups once you go over the $140.00 price range.

However, for approximately $30.00-$40.00, I don't know anything that is half as good as the Der_Echte special. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I checked the price of Acuda s2 and s3 price and they are both sold here for 50$ each....i just like to know if these rubbers can be glued on a standard wood blade???? like stiga s-5000??? and what glue is good to use????

Those are good rubbers. They can be glued onto that blade. Just use any good water based glue like Donic Vario Clean. That would work. And, if you only need rubbers, that would keep you within your budget.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
S3 on Fh. you must be tripping balls. S2 both sides. its just safer. of course bit slower rubbers would be better though. remember the OP is still developing

for a blade you could go with donic waldner or person senso or even appelgren allplay

another cheap but friendly rubber would be Xiom Vega asia

if you play aggressive you would want to lean on the control side of things instead of jumping into the deep end getting things that you wont be able to control yet

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
S3 on Fh. you must be tripping balls. S2 both sides. its just safer. of course bit slower rubbers would be better though. remember the OP is still developing

for a blade you could go with donic waldner or person senso or even appelgren allplay

another cheap but friendly rubber would be Xiom Vega asia

if you play aggressive you would want to lean on the control side of things instead of jumping into the deep end getting things that you wont be able to control yet

I agree which is why I recommended the Der_Echte special. That blade and rubber combination is pretty good for an offensive player, has decent power, and a lot of control and it is definitely not expensive. But so many players do want the higher end stuff even before they are really ready for it.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I use a $7 rubber on the BH side of almost every blade I test, whether it is a slow ALL class blade or an OFF+ class balde. I value control on BH wing and Dawei XP 2008 Super Power is very tough to beat in terms of control already and when you factor in the price of $7 a sheet, it is like you are getting sponsored free for another 6 sheets of rubber since many lower priced modern rubbers cost at least $40 USD.

My FH is a lot more picky... Tibhar Aurus is my choice for FH on nearly every blade. I get it really inexpensive here in Korea, but I hear you can get Aurus for around $30 a sheet if you look real hard, but $40ish USD is what it seems to be discounted in a lot of places. ATM, I am testing a sheet of Sigma II Euro, a pretty pricy rubber, but since I won a sheet of Omega III in a tourney and coach traded this to me for free, I am not complaining. Even a soft rubber on my 896 works on FH wing.

I can use H3 NEO in an emergency, especially in humid summer so H3 NEO isn't that bad a FH if needed.

So... here is what we got for a decent setup with SOME pop and a lot of control and light on the wallet...

Yinhe/Galaxy 896
H3 NEO
XP 2008 Super Power

At colestt.com that is $43 USD before shipping. you would have to ask cole, but it looks like a blade would NOT be a good idea to ship in an envelope so around $25 USD international shipping is it. That puts you at $78 USD

At eacheng.net that same setup will be around $41 USD with a very similar price on shipping.

if you want a little more pop the Yinhe/Galaxy W6 is one step faster with good control and costs around $30 USD, raising your costs another $15.

You could also just swap your rubbers to a better blade than what you use and the advantage of that is you are already familiar with your rubbers.

When I order from China I tend to order a lot of stuff at the same time to reduce my per unit costs. My coach or friends/other TT players are ALWAYS hitting me up to cough up an 896 and XP 2008. A sheet of rubber costs around $40 USD, most popular is an early gen tensor, Yasaka Extend HS, low $40s and I can give them a setup of a discarded sheet of Aurus, a new sheet of XP 2008 and the 896 for under the price of the cost of one sheet of rubber.

here in Korea, it is very popular to buy very expensive equipment to have bragging rights over have a top setup even if one is a newb. Sometimes, coaches order the expensive stuff to get a good rep and credit with their favored supplier/retailer. sometimes, coaches recommend a Schlager Carbon and Extend HS because that setup really rocks for slapping the ball around with little spin, very controllable for that shot and almost every Korean player up and including Div 4 men play primarily a very low spin fast hitting game, so the equipment is appropriate for that kind of play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
This is probably a pretty nice setup. The blade should be good, the rubber should be good. Only problem is, it looks to me like the rubbers alone are more than jijoe123's budget at $50.00 a piece and the blade is about $50.00 which would equal $150.00.

That being said, there are tons of good setups once you go over the $140.00 price range.

However, for approximately $30.00-$40.00, I don't know anything that is half as good as the Der_Echte special. :)
Oh because in our country acudas cost 32-35 euros :)

Reactions: jijoe123
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh because in our country acudas cost 32-35 euros :)

35 Euro = $46.00. Pretty close to $50.00. But if all he needs is rubbers....

And, I think that Der_Echte has once again provided the best option in terms of quality for the money.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Whatever dude gets, I hope he likes it and it allows him to play and grow in the style he prefers. There is NO one exact perfect setup, just MANY suitable setups that will vary by individual.

I am always keen to advise a balance of control, performance, and price in whatever I recommend.

Myself, I think TBS, T05 on FH on FH and H3 or any control OFF rubber on BH is a great setup, but that setup obviously costs well over USD $200 and is not suitable for someone new ot the sport who wants to grow and NOT spend a wheelbarrow of cash on their first setup.

That is why I recommend the Galaxy 896. NOT because it is the best thing out there, but because at $10 before shipping, there is nothing close to its performance. ALL+ is not really that fast so don't expect to hit through your opponent every shot even if you are gorilla apeshit strong like me.

That setup is a balance of control and limited power that will allow anyone to learn most strokes well enough while they grow with an emphasis on topspin, control, placement, and rally skills. As much as I am always in conflict with the pundit coaches on certain issues like these... WE ALL AGREE that an initial setup should be allround enough to learn every shot and grow from there, it is by no means a final setup and there are hundreds of possible setups around. I simply show one or two options to get the job done with minimal money. If money was not an issue, I would be pimping the daylights out of my sponsor Nexy and its products to everyone. That is not my role as a sponsored player. it is to simply test equipment, play with it when given, and make reports about it on the internet to help the marketing. My sponsor knows I love TBS and always go back to it after long term testing. My other role is to help foreigners here in Korea get their TT action and connect them with other players and visits to Nexy for gear whenever they want to visit a physical shop. It doesn't hurt that Nexy is nice and hooks us up with some gear when I ask like a jersey that Wanda got or a blade that David just got. Once I get my hands on the Arirang, it will be review city. But heck, that is nearly a $200 blade and is it right to recommend something like that to a developing player with limited cash?

If I waz pimping only my sponsors gear I would be pulling a hood over everyone not letting them see other options. I will pimp my sponsor's gear at the right time and place, not in these threads. if someone wants some gear that works for minimal money, and I know of some, I won't stay quiet.

I hear a lot of people give Dan a hard time over his love for Stiga gear. heck, I like Stiga gear as well, why not pimp it? I just don't like their blades as much as I like others.

Even if I have been playing for a few years and made it a couple levels above average club level, big deal, I can pick up that setup and play a match with zero drop-off at my level and that says a lot. I will never tell someone to use such and such if I never used it myself, or was willing to use it or knew about it from a trusted top player.