Fred 35

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

Nov 2010
Me and Fred hitting earlier today.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Nice, who are you? the slighty less mobile guy or the kid with the decent placement?

Send from my Samsung galaxy S using tapatalk 2

I am the 'slightly less mobile guy', Fred is my 10 year old son.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Been good to see him progress over time.

Who does he train with? Who coaches him and how often does he practise or play?

This is his current training programme:-

Monday - 2 hours with regional squad.
Tuesday - Football training, usually followed by a TT league match. If neither is on then 2 hours with regional squad.
Wednesday - 2 Hours with Regional Coach
Thursday - Rest
Friday - 2 hours hitting and playing matches with me and some other players at the club.
Saturday - 5 hours with regional squad
Sunday - Football match in morning and 1 hour with me in evening or up to 2 hours with me if no Football match.

Regional coaches are Sally Shutt, Alan Lowe, Chris Parker + others.

This user has no status.
Does your kid play against players if his own age. When I was younger it was hard to find players of the same level and the same age without travelling to far. I can understand that this will make it hard to keep motivated.

Do you have any matches recorded, looking forward seeing him in action in the heat of battle. ;)

Send from my Samsung galaxy S using tapatalk 2

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Plenty of hours then :p

Lots of regional support - is there any danger of that dropping away with the current ETTA reviews and possible shake up?

Essex has just lost its regional coach who everybody really liked.

I think things are only going to improve locally and there are interesting things which are looking likely to happen in this area.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Different site same brilliant young Fred and certainly he has been seeing the ball well for some time now. Poor old JKC and I wonder how much loinger he will last!!., lol

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Different site same brilliant young Fred and certainly he has been seeing the ball well for some time now. Poor old JKC and I wonder how much loinger he will last!!., lol

I hope to last a little longer as I am making a comeback in the league next year to play in Fred's team after 2 years of blocking for kids. Hopefully I can quickly work out how to play properly again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
After coaching my grandson regularly for 2 years and then not so much for the past year, I am finding it fairly hard to get back into some sort of rythem and last year hardly played a league match because of it so will continue coaching the youngstes. Good luck anyway.