Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
How often have you heard this quote from a friend of yours, preferably who doesn't play table tennis.

'Table Tennis!! you don't need to be fit to play that sport, its not physically demanding. Its nothing on the demands like football, running, basketball'

Ok I'm 100% sure you have heard this before, so what do you think? How important is really table tennis physically. Perhaps you agree with people who think its not a physically demanding sport. Discuss below.

Table-Tennis-General-580-386.gif

Photo from: HERE Question in partnership with TableTennisMaster

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Haha, I hear it alot.. well you don't need to have a good condition, but it sure helps if you have!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
yes you are right but you cant play REAL table tennis withuot moving.for example:look at samsonov he has 100 bals on the table and moves like a tiger

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
i hear that from all my friends. it gets annoying after a while. sure, if you're not competitive and you're just playing for fun, you don't need to be fit, but that applies for all the other sports. however if you're playing to be the best and you take it seriously. training will make you fit. hahahahahaha. let them try many/ multi balls, let's see how they'll feel after. hahahahaha

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
i hear that from all my friends. it gets annoying after a while. sure, if you're not competitive and you're just playing for fun, you don't need to be fit, but that applies for all the other sports. however if you're playing to be the best and you take it seriously. training will make you fit. hahahahahaha. let them try many/ multi balls, let's see how they'll feel after. hahahahaha

Haha, i actually did this in college... I did a coaching session in class and put them all on multi ball.. They were soon out of breath :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Haha, i actually did this in college... I did a coaching session in class and put them all on multi ball.. They were soon out of breath :p

hahahahaahahah

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
You can play good-looking tabletennis with a little movement but if you want to play your best, you have to move .... Bending your legs is for the most players hard to take but I do this every training and now its no problem

i totally agree with that!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
No matter what kind of sport, those not want to play up to the best, can't catch the point of the game

This user has no status.
You can play good-looking tabletennis with a little movement but if you want to play your best, you have to move .... Bending your legs is for the most players hard to take but I do this every training and now its no problem

agree agree.
those who play in basement. just play for fun. they don't move a lot. they just rally.
those who play in the club. they play seriously. play as a match. train themself hard. they will have lot of movement. that is where all the physical demanding is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
haha yeah, I hear this all the time, everyone laughs, and says, oh table tennis isn't a sport, its just a fun little hobby. And then whenever my friends see me watching a pro video, and sees some of the players wearing knee braces, they laugh.

They have no idea how in a higher level game, just how much and how quickly you have to move around. Even if you don't have to move around all that much. Just the sheer concentration and focus needed to play table tennis can induce alot of sweating haha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
It helps to be fit, but it isn't necessary. There are 60 year old guys and older at my club that have enough control and anticipation to just stand there and kick my but. Like everything else there are levels of commitment, training, skill, and interest.