This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
My Friend says pre-warming exercise for TT includes skipping.. atleast 500 at one go.. this warms up ur Legs n whole body.. Well we can imagine why professionals train for 5-6 hours daily.. just to stay in shape n maintain their fitness.. TT is real tiring if you play for 30 minutes.. especially singles.. you need to play with senior players to taste the real game. they make you to move all around the table :p n kick your ass in just 10 mins !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Dude, Table Tennis is just as hard as other sports, if not harder.

It requires exellent footwork, stressing your calves and quads.

It requires a LOT of practice to get the strokes right.

And it's all on a table! GENIUS MUCH??? It should be more popular than it actually is ._.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
if you're slow and heavy you have a hard time getting balls that are not that easy to reach, then maybe that's a part where you need to get fit

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Hehe, I hear this all the time when I tell people I play Table Tennis...

Usually they say, "Your sport is Ping Pong!?!" And I say, "Yep!" Then they say, "That's not a sport" :mad:

I always try to get these people to play with me. I explain the rules to them, we play to 11, ball has to bounce on your side before going over the net, we switch serves every 2 points..etc..

Always within 10-15min, they are sweating bullets.. I do short serves all over the place, then fast ones(these get aces!).

I really try to make them move as much as I can, oh, and I also try to slam a couple at their body, to give them some welts, but the depends who I'm playing.. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
missak

i play a lot table tennis but it it not as important physically as the football but on the other hand table tennis is the most difficult game most concentrating game most logic needed game best game:p!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I hear this a lot too and I usually just answer them yes, its not super physically demanding unless your professional. However, no other sport requires reaction time to be at a max at all times. Plus a Table Tennis ball spins 150 revolutions a second and when traveling at simply 25mph it travels across the table in a 1/4 of second! So when its traveling near 70mph(Near max speed for table tennis) It gives you less then 1/11 of a second if your near the table.....So I usually just say who cares if its not physically demanding or not? It has many other types of skills required which make it extremely difficult.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I hear this a lot too and I usually just answer them yes, its not super physically demanding unless your professional. However, no other sport requires reaction time to be at a max at all times. Plus a Table Tennis ball spins 150 revolutions a second and when traveling at simply 25mph it travels across the table in a 1/4 of second! So when its traveling near 70mph(Near max speed for table tennis) It gives you less then 1/11 of a second if your near the table.....So I usually just say who cares if its not physically demanding or not? It has many other types of skills required which make it extremely difficult.

love that response!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hehe, I hear this all the time when I tell people I play Table Tennis...

Usually they say, "Your sport is Ping Pong!?!" And I say, "Yep!" Then they say, "That's not a sport" :mad:

I always try to get these people to play with me. I explain the rules to them, we play to 11, ball has to bounce on your side before going over the net, we switch serves every 2 points..etc..

Always within 10-15min, they are sweating bullets.. I do short serves all over the place, then fast ones(these get aces!).

I really try to make them move as much as I can, oh, and I also try to slam a couple at their body, to give them some welts, but the depends who I'm playing.. ;)

Be careful with this sort of thing. We want new people to enjoy table tennis. Kicking their arse proves a point, but they probably won't be back anytime soon. :(

says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
Nov 2010
i heard it too.. but they cant stop me believing!! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I even got friends that are afraid to say what sport they are doing to other friends. Like when we wanna go out, they say they cant, then your friends ask why and then they make up an excuse just not to say they play tabletennis cos they all think its stupid to tell your friends...

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
For those who think table tennis is a game, well yes physical capability isn't much of a requirement.
For REAL table tennis, i think its a sport demanding much skill, stamina, anticipation, reflex, etc.

Yea it's like everyone thinks we play ping pong, we play a sport not a party game! :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 2 reviews
i think fitness does play a part once you reach a serious level, for example if ur playing across a whole day through to the latter stages of competition that cardiovascular endurance becomes important, as often in the later stages of a tournament its not always the better player but the player with the edge physically or mentally that wins the batlle!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Just found this thread after browsing and its quite a coincidence that we had the garden table out over the weekend with the robot. I had a go for the first time since last year and found it very tough especially when my 13 year old grandson altered the speed and direction without me noticing. I only lasted about a minute after that and was out of breath which tells me that I am getting old (I knew that anyway) and certainly not fit. So for the serious players, keep off the beer (if you can) and work out in the gym.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Actually for anyone playing table tennis seriously fitness is hugely required for especially the 2nd ball after first attack. Getting yourself into neutral position after a big swing requires a lot of strength, and soon after u need to do it again. I don't really respond to ppl that don't take tt serious. If they want to know the truth they should show more interest and if they are not interested there is no point in explaining the sport to them. But table tennis is a special sport in this way that it trains a lot of your muscles so you stay in good shape, while not abusing your body like other sports do. Some sports cause players to have elbow/knee problems after 20 years of practising their sports. Table tennis is not like that, and it also keeps ur mind in good shape, which other sports usually don't do as much. That is one of the reasons that most table tennis players you will meet are not giant dumbasses and arrogant like most football players. Of course there are exceptions, but most of the time it's parents pushing their children to practise a popular sport in the hope they become pro, causing the sport to loose its sporty and social environment. I LOVE TT ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Literally all of my friends say that. If you want to be a pro, you have to be perfectly fit, but it's right that other sport are more physically demanding, like tennis(I play tennis, too).
But there is no other sport where the mentality is as important as in tabletennis, and that's why I love our sport! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well, I've heard that a lots of times, it annoys me..
Table tennis is physically demanding and mentally!
Your strokes have to be practiced, your footwork must be good, always in movement, thinking and so on!
Table tennis is for me one of the hardest sports!
Also, if you look at it more nearly: your reaction time has to be very good, and your technique too while you don't have much time between 2 balls.

Of course, the old hags of table tennis, they just stay near the table with some kind of blade and creepy rubbers and just stand there and play wherever her arm is able to go without moving -.-

Table tennis is a demanding sport! And it should be more popular!!!!

My opinion :D