Which training can I do to improve my play?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Yesterday,I found out that i have Osgood-Schlatter disease. I can't play TT more then 30 minutes,because after 30 minutes i get pains in my both knees. My doctor said that I should rest for at least a month,and I don't want to get out of the form for the next season. What should I do,which trainings?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Thats a well known problem my friend.
First of all, for your own good, you should listen to your doctor and let it heal. But yet, you can do some exercises that wont hurt you and still be able to help a bit.
1. Cycling. For your physical fitness. There is no pressure on the knee at this way so it is a good replacement for whatever physical fitness you used to do.
2. Some basic exercises of hitting the ball with your bat, and those kind of exercise. It might not help you improve, but its defenetly helps you stay in shape a bit.

i use those exercises too since i do not often see a tt table nowadays. Always good to keep a bat and a ball nearby :)
here is a video with the exercises i was talking about (and if you be creative, there is much more you can come up with to help you train):
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Pv8vWdyL8

Reactions: josc995
This user has no status.
I'm sorry to hear about that, it is so frustrating to have something stopping you from playing as often as you'd like to! I'd echo what the poster above said in listening to your doctor. If they said to let it rest, then definitely do so otherwise you run the risk of making it much worse.

For some physical training in that time, what about swimming? It's an all body workout and is actually one of the best ways to improve your all-round fitness. Many sportspeople use swimming as a way of keeping their fitness up while injured.

For training, you can always do service practice. It may not be proper movement-based training, but it's very simple to do and won't hurt your knees so much. Very few players give themselves enough service practice anyway!

Reactions: josc995
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Thank you guys! I will make some mix of your advices,and make a training from them. :)