Rubber for grow up

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Hello everybody!
I am a new member at this forum and for the start i want to forgive my english. I am not a native speaker.
I play with an all wood blade, 5 ply, Off, with Donic bluefire m3 2.0 and rakza 9 max.
I don''t like rakza 9 because it is hard to activate the sponge, has a too lower throw and a little too quick for me.
I want a rubber for improve my forhand stroke, in special retopspin and put more presure with first topspin.
I want to choose between-Stiga calibra tour M or S, stiga Calibra Lt spin, or Calibra Lt sound.

I conclusion, i want a Rubber:

-Durable
-Not to hard
-Easy to activate sponge
-Spinny
-Good in short game
-Good control
-Medium-high throw angle(but not too high)
-Very important-easy to lift chop balls

Thanks a lot for eventualy suggestions!

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Welcome to the site Daniel. The same name as me! :) I understand you want something with more control that will help you work on your technique. Having tried the Calibra Tour M myself I would say this is your best choice to use. It has medium sponge and is not to hard. The control and dwell time is good and also the spin.

Let us know what you decide to do! :)

Welcome to the community dude.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I tried the tour (think is was S or M version) on the Tibhar Inca OFF blade and man, I can tell you that with a fast bat speed, you catch the ball and sling shot that sucker out with some serious pace and spin! Even better is the sonic BOOM on your impact. man, that thing is one LOUD-AZZ rubber. I really liked it on the Inca, totally HATED it on M. Maze.

I tried out Tibhar Evolution FX-P (the soft version that is not really super soft) on Inca and also bought Evolution for my FH. That rubber totally rules on both blades. Control, control and control in ALL strokes and you make some serious SPIN. Ball simply lands time and time again and it really fuels your confidence. I won a tourney and placed second in two tourneys last weekend using Arirang/Evo FX-P and I can say personally with not even a week using that setup it is great.

If you like it just a little harder than soft, go for EL-P it rocks on OFF blades with control and power when needed.

Of course there are way more than one rubber suitable for you and your preferences.

Calibra LT Sound is not exactly high throw, but that sound version is really controllable way more than regular LT version.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Thanks for the help and for suggestions.
99% percent i buy an Tour M, play a little bit and then write here what i like and what i don't like :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
I read that the Calibra Lt are series not that durable....
I Can't change my rubber often, maybe once at 7-8 months.
I play 2-3 time a week, 2-3 hours at session.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Any suggestion for a blade to match perfectly wth Calibra tour M and bluefire m3 -BH?
Not to exapansive, around 50-60 euros?
Soft feeling i like the most at an blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
The LT series have a really low throw and they're kinda made for loop-driving. Just get the Tour M, I have Tour S on my BH and It's a great rubber, very spinny, excellent for flicks (RPB tho) and lifts backspin with ease. You won't be dissapointed :) You can also consider Tour H - It's harder than Tour M but I'd rate it medium-hard, It's softer than Tenergy 05.

About the blade, just get a Clipper :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
The LT series have a really low throw and they're kinda made for loop-driving. Just get the Tour M, I have Tour S on my BH and It's a great rubber, very spinny, excellent for flicks (RPB tho) and lifts backspin with ease. You won't be dissapointed :) You can also consider Tour H - It's harder than Tour M but I'd rate it medium-hard, It's softer than Tenergy 05.

About the blade, just get a Clipper :)

I think that H is a little too much for me and my technique :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Im afraid I cant speak from any experience on stiga rubbers, but i'll second Der's post about evolution. I've also used both fx and el-p and loved both. El-p is a big step up but still very controllable. Another rubber you may want to consider is something from Xiom. The two ive used are vega euro and sigma 2 euro, and both I've enjoyed a lot. Vega is softer and more controllable, but sigma euro 2 generates amazing spin and still is very easy to control. They seem more forgiving than other rubbers ive used- tenergy 80, bluefire m1, m2, jp03, evo fx and el-p... I think any of the rubbers youve talked about would serve you well though.

Reactions: danyel89
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Thanks a lot for the help.
I bought today a Stiga Calibra tour M -1.9mm and i feel great:)
Is a pure joy to play with.
The sponge is a little soft than rakza 9, the spin is great and very easy to produce :)
I LOVE topspin and retopspin with this rubber, the short play and the sound.
Soon i filmed myself and post the video here, maybe wll help someone else.
Calibra Tour M has big power, even at 2-3 metres from the table :), and the first topspin is easy to make.
I am Very, Very happy with this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Best rubber for Backhand guys? much control? not to hard? good for topspin and block?
Calibra Lt Sound?Lt Spin? or maybe another rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
Tour S- a little bit expensive for now for me :)
I found a promo on Calibra Lt series only 40$ :) i want to know one of this is good for Bh? i think at Calibra Lt spin?

Last edited: