How many tables at your club?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
What's a good number and brand of tables for a Table Tennis Club?
Looking to start a local.

Reactions: Sean_Paul
This user has no status.
we have 8 in 2 rooms at regular training but at competition we most do 2x2 or max 2 and 3. Mostly 2 and 2 or even less, because we have 2 competition days and not everyone is playing a home game at the same time. (possible to few teams:rolleyes: ) I think most of the tables are Heemskerk (about eur700).

Send from my Samsung galaxy S using tapatalk 2

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Cool discussion, at my first club when I started we only had 3 tables. This club produced some amazing players thanks to the dedication of our coach. Like other users have said, start small, 1,2,3 tables and perhaps one day you could have a huge venue purpose built for table tennis! :)

At my current club, the Bristol Table Tennis Academy we can have up to 20 tables out on big club nights. Other local clubs have around 6-8 within the local area.

Let us all know what you plan to do buddy :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
I started at a single table venue but am helping out at a local junior session where they have 7 Tibar Smash.

Hoping to do a bit more training at one which has 16 (and I think are getting new ones from Joola) with sprung wooden floor, 750 lux lighting and blue walls (not white ones which I have seen in a few places).

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My local club is very typical for a Korean club. 4 tables for play, really only 2 of them you can play a 1/4 decent match. 2 tables in netted off area fro multiball/singleball lessons with coach and a table with robot for practice. Low ceilings, light in the wrong places, hot as hades and even more humid in summer, if they use the Air Conditioner, place becomes a wind tunnel. I shook the hand of the air conditioner after a match once haha. No barriers separating tables, tables 1-1.5 meters close to each other, you step around to hit a FH, you are going to step on someone haha. Still, the TT action here is SUPER!

says Tabletennis player from Sweden and Italy. Swedish club...
says Tabletennis player from Sweden and Italy. Swedish club...
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
In my club in Sweden we have 14 tables but we only use 8 of them