Your most rousing table tennis moment?

says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
Hey guys,

everybody of us surely have a table tennis moment that we remember better than the other ones. It might be for example a great personal victory, a nice rally you played, the success for the player you coach or watching a spectacular match between two top players in the world. In other words: any moment related to table tennis :)

This could be a funny thread, post your own best table tennis moments and read others'! :)

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I was playing doubles in the mens semifinal of a tournament last year, we were losing 2-0. I got played out really wide on my forehand and hooked the ball back from nearly off the floor by the umpire stand. My partner got pushed out wide next to me and the next ball got soft blocked down the middle. I was so far off the table the only option I had was a running backhand, I ran as fast as I could and nailed it straight into the middle of next week. We won the point and the momentum level shifted something wicked, we won the set, the match and then were so inspired by our 'winning point' that we won the final 3-0 :D

Reactions: Dan and Pongfinity
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
I lead 10-9 5th set. My opponent smashes the ball and expects to win the point so he stops. I manage to return the ball with around the net sidespin forehand. The next thing I know is that the guy just smashes his racket(he's 54) and it splits in 2 pieces. Never laughed so much in my whole life :D

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I was in a 10-8 lead. My opponent block the ball far in my BH side and i was in FH side. I run with my maximum power and speed then dive and without looking at the table , i played an around the net BH and fell on the ground. I actually didn't know i won the point, my friends said to me that i won the point!

Reactions: Dan
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
I have so many great memories of table tennis that it's difficult to point out just one specific.. :D Epic rallies, good wins, awesome foreign training&competition trips.. They have all gave me unforgettable memories but the best moment for me must have been proceeding to the Finnish junior champs team final like 8 years ago. The opponent team was ranked as number 1 and had two best players of that age class. My team was probably ranked as 3 or 4. Nobody in the hall (including our coach I believe :D) thought that we could win the match, but after some awesome playing of me and another team member we surprised them and proceeded into the final. In the crucial match I led the number 2 seeded guy 2-0 and was 6-10 down in third but came up to 10-10 and eventually won the set and so on the match 3-0. We played well in the final also but lost it that time. I have several times won the team champs afterwards, but this is still that one moment that has stayed in my memories as one of the best tt moments :) The fact that the joy was shared by our whole team made it even more unforgettable :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
its easier to show you guys. as you can see winning 3 points in a row when 12-11 down . the interesting part is the last two points which a both net points. but especially the last one.
this was this years Intervarsity games and it was my college ( DIT) vs UCD who have won it for the last 13 years.
where as they already have great venue and number of tables to play on.
i who is in charge of the TT club at DIT have build it up from the ground up on my own sort of way.
anyway this was the final and at this stage the score was 6-4 to the other college and it kinda depended on me as i was the last one playng to bring it into doubles.
this was my first game i think and the most importtant one..
which i ended up loosing in the 5th 16-14

Last edited:

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Awesome topic great posts everyone! My most memorable moment in table tennis was when me and the Bristol Table Tennis Academy won team silver medal in the European High School Championships! It was great to be part of the team and the event ran so well! We was in the same hall as the 2007 WTTC so we were in the same training hall as Ma Long, Wang Liqin and everyone! I remember knocking on the table next Ryu Seung Min and Oh Sang Eun! Amazing! Good times :)

Table tennis is the best!

Reactions: Pongfinity
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
My most epic match was me against my best friend , Havai , in our school championships. It was 2:2 in games and we was in deciding set. I was 8:2 down but i win 7 points in a row and lead 8:9 then we leveled 9:9. I got a match point an 12:13. I miss a serve and after that he misses a serve too , and again i got the match point! I win that point and finally win that match 2:3 (11:13 , 11:8 , 14:12 , 19:21 , 13:15)!

This user has no status.
Mine is actually one of my first ever tournaments! I was playing someone around 7 years ago who is now an international player in a tournament. It was on the show court and I was playing amazing - everything I touched seemed to work and this guy was working so hard just to get a toehold in the game. I lost 11-9 in the fifth but I have to say that has been one of the only times where I've left the table after a loss genuinely feeling proud of myself. It was my first realisation that all the hard work I put in in training was doing something good!

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
puhh.. i agree with some of here that i cant just say one :D

biggest highlights :) :

i met Michael Maze, played a little bit with him ( i had no chance at all, haha) and afterwards he gave me his shirt and shorts and even signed the shirt :D
i also met Werner Schlager and did a cool video with him together with my friend Joachim
i was at the WSA when the chinese stars trained there and got a shirt with all big names (except Wang Hao) on it (signatures)

i filmed with many other great stars of our table tennis world (Zhang Jike, Ding Ning, Ryu Seung Min, Mattenet, Pavlovich, Szocs, Maze, Kreanga, Ishikawa...) :D
we work also closely with Butterfly and the ITTF, so thats pretty cool :)

personal (playing) highlights:
hmm .. hard to say, had quite some.
i played against many strong players against who i usually have no chance at all and always fell behind 0:2 but won most of these 3:2 after all.
with my old team we made third place in the championships although we had a lot of bad luck (injuries etc) so that was cool also :)

i guess i really enjoy to play tt and like to win of course but my strength lies probably away from the table with the camera, coaching or travelling the world :)

cheers guys