Back to Forum
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. EricTian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 88
    E
    EricTian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 88 11
    #1

    Xiom: Pros or anyone?

    Hello,
    My name is Eric and I'm ranked top ten in Australia for u/15. My world ranking points is ~900.
    I was looking at Xiom blades and their craftsmanship and noticed that they produce some very high quality blades.
    This drew me to Xiom rubbers as well.
    Particularly interested in the Xiom Vega series.
    I've spent about two hours reading some reviews, and some reviewers are saying that only with very good footwork and technique, will Xiom Vega Pro/Europe be a good rubber to play with.
    Is this true? Or could someone of my level be able to control the unexpected characteristics of the Xiom Vega series?

    Thanks

  2. Atwood is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 3 30
    A
    Atwood is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 30 3
    #2
    Ok, I dont know how that ranks you versus me, but as a 1700-1800 USA player I would imagine you are probably more advanced/technically sound. I use the xiom sigma 2 euro rubber, which by all accounts is more unforgiving than the vegas. I have also very briefly used a friends vega euro and I really liked it. It didnt take much acclimation from tenergy, and in my experience, the brand is not hard to use. they generate a lot of spin without much work. Vega euro is VERY controllable.

  3. EricTian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 88
    E
    EricTian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 88 11
    #3
    Ahh, thank you Atwood Will definitely try Vega Europe after the nationals are finished. I don't like unforgiving rubbers as my footwork isn't really up to scratch hahaha. My coach said Vega Europe is a very good backhand rubber especially for OFF-/OFF blades.

  4. Atwood is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 3 30
    A
    Atwood is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 30 3
    #4
    hey no problem. Its for sure a better backhand rubber. Good luck with your tournament and your rubbers!

    The Following User Likes Atwood's Post:

    EricTian


  5. BKTT is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 3 8
    B
    BKTT is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 3
    #5
    I use Vega Pro and swear by it - I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new rubber, regardless of their standard. It produces a hell of a lot of spin and is pretty powerful as well. I absolutely love the control it gives me on my backhand and feels much more natural there than Tenergy used to be. I would say that it is slower than Tenergy though.

    I doubt having good/bad footwork would have that much of an effect on how well a particular rubber works for you!
    Owner of BradleyKingTT, a unique blog which targets improving your mental game. Discover how to win more matches by controlling your nerves, find out how to put a bad loss into perspective and much more!

  6. EricTian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 88
    E
    EricTian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 88 11
    #6
    Xiom Vega Pro certainly sounds like a very promising rubber I'm not a great big fan of Tenergy, mainly because I dislike being mainstream and it's incredibly expensive nowadays, and since I'm still a junior, I feel a little bit guilty getting my sister/folks to pay for it.
    Thanks BKTT, will definitely try to get a Xiom-based paddle, their equipment is top-notch!
    Xiom will be one of the first things I test once I get tired of competition-playing

  7. kjanko is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 21 163
    K
    kjanko is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 163 21
    #7
    If you're in the top10 juniors in Australia, why don't you apply for a sponsorship?
    Xiom Diva // Xiom Sigma II Pro // Xiom Sigma II Europe
    Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive // Tenergy 05 // Tenergy 05 FX
    Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon // Skyline 2 NEO // Stiga Calibra Tour S

  8. EricTian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 88
    E
    EricTian is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 88 11
    #8
    I get $500 a year from butterfly equipment, but I'm a bit more obsessed with xiom than bty now o: thanks kjanko never thought of that..

  9. kjanko is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 21 163
    K
    kjanko is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 163 21
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTian
    I get $500 a year from butterfly equipment, but I'm a bit more obsessed with xiom than bty now o: thanks kjanko never thought of that..
    Apply for Xiom's sponsorship and just try all of their rubbers The sigma II rubbers are really decent
    Xiom Diva // Xiom Sigma II Pro // Xiom Sigma II Europe
    Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive // Tenergy 05 // Tenergy 05 FX
    Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon // Skyline 2 NEO // Stiga Calibra Tour S

  10. ozanjuve is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 1 10
    ozanjuve's Avatar
    ozanjuve is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 10 1
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTian
    Hello,
    My name is Eric and I'm ranked top ten in Australia for u/15. My world ranking points is ~900.
    I was looking at Xiom blades and their craftsmanship and noticed that they produce some very high quality blades.
    This drew me to Xiom rubbers as well.
    Particularly interested in the Xiom Vega series.
    I've spent about two hours reading some reviews, and some reviewers are saying that only with very good footwork and technique, will Xiom Vega Pro/Europe be a good rubber to play with.
    Is this true? Or could someone of my level be able to control the unexpected characteristics of the Xiom Vega series?

    Thanks
    In my humble opinion, maybe you can try Xiom V1, combined with Xiom Sigma Euro (fh), and Xiom Vega Euro for the backhand... (please correct me if i'm wrong)

  11. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,405 3,489
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,489 2,405

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    3,489
    2,405
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #11
    Eric, any update?

  12. ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,426 3,683
    T
    ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,683 4,426
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTian
    Xiom Vega Pro certainly sounds like a very promising rubber I'm not a great big fan of Tenergy, mainly because I dislike being mainstream and it's incredibly expensive nowadays, and since I'm still a junior, I feel a little bit guilty getting my sister/folks to pay for it.
    Thanks BKTT, will definitely try to get a Xiom-based paddle, their equipment is top-notch!
    Xiom will be one of the first things I test once I get tired of competition-playing
    Did you try to get in touch with Adam Bobrow ? He is hugely popular in the table tennis world and has connect with the top playersand is sponsored by Xiom, should be able to help you I suppose

  13. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,405 3,489
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,489 2,405

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    3,489
    2,405
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmonster
    Did you try to get in touch with Adam Bobrow ? He is hugely popular in the table tennis world and has connect with the top playersand is sponsored by Xiom, should be able to help you I suppose
    Eric needs to get in touch with Xiom distributors in Australia, not Adam Bobrow, who is based in America.
    Xiom is pretty big in Australia, so many players using it with my recent visit to Victoria

    The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    ttmonster


  14. ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,426 3,683
    T
    ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,683 4,426
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis
    Eric needs to get in touch with Xiom distributors in Australia, not Adam Bobrow, who is based in America.
    Xiom is pretty big in Australia, so many players using it with my recent visit to Victoria
    You are right Tony, but because of Adam's massive presence in Facebook he might be easier to reach and get the Australia contact. I remember he went down to New Zealand a few days back, so I am guessing he would have contacts in Australia/New Zealand.

  15. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 2,405 3,489
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,489 2,405

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    3,489
    2,405
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ttmonster
    You are right Tony, but because of Adam's massive presence in Facebook he might be easier to reach and get the Australia contact. I remember he went down to New Zealand a few days back, so I am guessing he would have contacts in Australia/New Zealand.


    Certainly Adam can make some recommendations to Xiom head office, but there are protocols to follow and Eric is not an international player. He needs to be approved and go via Xiom Australian distributors.

    I know, because I got 11 players sponsored from 4 different companies

    The Following 2 Users Like Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    DJeX and ttmonster


  16. ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,426 3,683
    T
    ttmonster is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,683 4,426
    #16
    [QUOTE=I know, because I got 11 players sponsored from 4 different companies [/QUOTE]

    Now that is something that Eric will be very interested to know :P

  17. Zaid323918 is offline
    says Obey the Rules
     
    Advanced TTD Member 180 459
    Z
    Zaid323918 is offline
    says Obey the Rules
     
    Advanced TTD Member 459 180
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by BKTT
    I use Vega Pro and swear by it - I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new rubber, regardless of their standard. It produces a hell of a lot of spin and is pretty powerful as well. I absolutely love the control it gives me on my backhand and feels much more natural there than Tenergy used to be. I would say that it is slower than Tenergy though.

    I doubt having good/bad footwork would have that much of an effect on how well a particular rubber works for you!
    Hey we use nearly the exactly same equipment. And yeah Vega Pro is an amazing rubber. I have used it on 6 or more blades and it never disappointed me.

  18. Spitfire is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 33 120
    S
    Spitfire is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 120 33
    #18
    I'm using the Omega Tour/Europe and these are good rubbers

    The Vega Series were slow for me

    I emailed XIOM and asked them for the Series differance , see below


    Vega, Sigma II, Omega 5 (think them as level of rubbers)
    Vega (Easy to play with / great performance)
    Sigma II (Compared to VEGA, Harder to play with / better performance)
    Omega 5 (Compared to Sigma II, Harder to play with / top performing rubber. Also optimized for all balls including plastic balls)

    PRO = Spin / Speed orientated
    ASIA = Speed orientated
    EUROPE = Spin / Control orientated
    ELITE = Control orientated
    CHINA = Sticky rubber
    JAPAN = Spin / Speed orientated, but bit softer than PRO

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.