Sharing my experience in China

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
How long would you say there training sessions is each time they do train and after each training session do the players play practice matches against each other to show there skills to other players?

Each session is nearly 3 hours and yeah sometime the players play against each other in matches!

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
wow great experience. I think about doing a trip like this. what level of playing is required (I have 10 years experience play at a decent level, but far from national level). How much will 2weeks of training cost?

looking forward to more stories from your great experience.

Send from my Samsung galaxy S using tapatalk 2

Yeah thats fine, you can come to a lot of places with almost any level and they will find a group with the right standard :) I wouldn't cost to much the main cost is the flights from europe which can be around 800 pounds.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The food is good, but not everybody thinks so, there are some guys from canada who don't like it. I think it would be fine for most people and there are evwen some europen/american style foods here! All the meals are in the training center yeah, there are 2 or 3 dinning places, one for all the foreign players staying to train, one for the local players and one for the younger children.

I think almost all the guys here just play table tennis but there are some classrooms in the center where some of the children have lessons sometimes.

Wow that's perfect then! It sure does sound like a world class set up! It is no reason why the Chinese are the best, such incredible full time facilities!

Try get some more photos if you can matey :) How is Yi Ming getting on? Training every day?

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Wow that's perfect then! It sure does sound like a world class set up! It is no reason why the Chinese are the best, such incredible full time facilities!

Try get some more photos if you can matey :) How is Yi Ming getting on? Training every day?

Yeah it is a good set up here, Yiming was ill so hasn't been training but he is starting up again today. Tomorrow morining chinese time we have some practice matches, should be fun :) I'll take plenty of photos and get them on here soon!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah it is a good set up here, Yiming was ill so hasn't been training but he is starting up again today. Tomorrow morining chinese time we have some practice matches, should be fun :) I'll take plenty of photos and get them on here soon!

Awesome! Tell Yi I said hi! Good luck in those matches! :) Those players sure won't want to lose to you! :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
That is just pure awesomeness. I'd do it myself if I were a lot younger. Definitely will check out this thread.

I'd do it at my age and I am right at the end of a 4 year Korean stay with lots of TT action. While I have done my thing a lot over here, it is NOTHING compared to what a young dude with nothing but time on his hands. I had a full time occupation and had to fit in the TT around that.

Moar power to you Tom.

Reactions: Tom
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I'd do it at my age and I am right at the end of a 4 year Korean stay with lots of TT action. While I have done my thing a lot over here, it is NOTHING compared to what a young dude with nothing but time on his hands. I had a full time occupation and had to fit in the TT around that.

Moar power to you Tom.
Well, unfortunately for a 48 yrs old like me time is crucial to be divided between family, work, and hobby (tt). No. 1 is always family then work (need to earn for no. 1 and no. 3 (hobby and everything else). More and more power to you Der Echte.

But still, I'd do this if I were late teen or early 20s.

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Some more photos guys and videos will be up soon! :)

agegugut.jpg

unaga3a5.jpg

ga2y9y9e.jpg

ugynymyz.jpg

ypana5aj.jpg

Reactions: Dan and jmillsy2

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Some more photos guys and videos will be up soon! :)

ugynymyz.jpg

Love the training hall! So awesome! This is up 24/7 right? The Olympic rings there is so cool! I wonder where you can buy these rings from? Good for motivation for the players!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
what about the sleeping rooms?
from the pic they look rather simple....
are they shared? how many people in each room?

what about the equipment of your chinese training colleagues? what blades? rubbers? are they equipment junkies (also knows as ej) like the people in the western world? :D

what about the food?
you have scheduled meals or you can have whatever you want whenever you want?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bensmithbortey

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Hi sebas-aguirre, the sleeping rooms for the local chinese players are really bad! It's the picture you can see, 4 players in each room, very small, dirty, smell bad and have nothing in them. All the foreign players staying here like me are in a hotel which is much better than the rooms of the chinese players but still just like maybe a 3* hotel at best.

As for the equipment almost all the chinese guys use hurricane on the forhand and tenergy on the backhand, some use other rubbers on the backhand such as xiom or donic. I don't think most of them are to interested in the equipment and some of thier rubbers are really old.

The food, again the local chinese players eat in a different place to foreign players. The meals are scheduled breakfast is 7.00-8.15 am lunch from 11.00-13.00 and dinner from 17.00-18.30pm there is a choice everyday but its always the same so it can get quite boring eating the same things everyday but its worth it for the training :)

Reactions: Dan