Zhang Jike Blades vs Timo Boll Blades

Hey guys. So as you know Butterfly sponsors Timo Boll so they have released several blades named after him, including the original, Timo Boll blade, the BollTriCarbon, a more amateur series (Timo Boll All, Timo Boll ALL+, Timo Boll OFF-, and Timo Boll Forte/OFF). But the one I want to discuss here is the newer more professional series including Boll's actual blade, the ALC, along with the other 5, (the ZLC, ZLF, T5000, W5, and W7). And now Butterfly has released a new series for one of their other players. Zhang Jike now has his own series of his own. Besides the original Zhang Jike blade now he has his own series of blades. Including the Zhang Jike T5000, the Zhang Jike ALC, Zhang Jike ZLC, and Zhang Jike Super ZLC. I was wondering if you think the new Zhang Jike Blade Series will reach the same level of recognition as the Timo Boll series. And do you think that one of the new blades will be able to replace Zhang Jike's (or any other professional player's) current blade? In the same way the Timo Boll ALC was able to replace the former blades of Ma Long as well as Timo Boll himself?
Timo Boll Series.jpgTimo Boll Blade Series (W5 not included!!!)
Zhang Jike.jpgZhang Jike Blade Series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
I have Boll ZLC, and bought also zjk ZLC, ZJK super ZLC, and ZJK ALC. zjk ZLC is softer than Boll ZLC can hold the ball longer. I don't have Boll ALC, so unable to compare them

I have Boll ZLC, and bought also zjk ZLC, ZJK super ZLC, and ZJK ALC. zjk ZLC is softer than Boll ZLC can hold the ball longer. I don't have Boll ALC, so unable to compare them
That's great advice on how the blades work, although I'm not too concerned on how the individual blades work against each other. Rather as to how the entire series of blades will do against each other.

This user has no status.

Holy xxxx!! u must be really rich to be able to purchase all those blades.:cool:

Anyone knows what's the top ply of ZJK series? is it koto like Viscaria and original ZJK?

This user has no status.
Steger is more boring than watching paint dry. Let's hope for Quentin Robinot or the young swede Anton Källberg! But the Boll blade line will probably live on for quite a while, like Persson and Waldner has done with Donic. I mean Butterfly is selling Primorac blades, and he is 93 years old.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the Zhang Jike blades will sell well. Not sure if they will do what the Timo series did in causing so many people to want to switch to them.

And if the ZJK Super ZLC does hold the ball on the blade more, that might make some people really like that blade. All the speed and more dwell time, spin and control. That one might sell in spite of the crazy price tag.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wow. Necromancer skills in effect. This thread was dead for three years. It takes skillz to wake up a dead thread like this.

The OP was trying to ask if the ZJK blades will sell as much as the TB blades did. It looks like TB blades have sold more from where I sit. It might have helped if ZJK actually used one of his blades. But he is still using a Viscaria.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Reaper and Boogar
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It is interesting that pretty much only the ALC version of the Boll blades was ever adopted by top players. A lesson there I suspect. The ZJK sZLC has sold a lot more than I would have expected based on its price. The ZJK-ALC is ok, but you should be like ZJK. Use a Viscaria.