Zhang Jike Blades vs Timo Boll Blades

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
They are blades designed for exactly the same kind of player and in my experience the main difference is very very slight differences in handle shape and handle feel. It is possible that with a blind fold you would not easily be able tell the difference of which was which if they had the same rubber. You might notice the difference more with the ST handle shape than the FL. Take five TB-ALC blades and five ZJK-ALC blades and rank them according to which ones feel the most similar. If there was a really noticeable difference, than most players would come up with an order that would be Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-T-T-T-T-T. But I suspect that the actual result would be something like Z-T-T-Z-Z-Z-Z-T-T-T. In other words, there is individual variation between blades even if they are the same model (they are made of wood after all). That variation might be nearly as great as the variation that systematically occurs BETWEEN TB-ALC and ZJK-ALC.

I am not sure there is really something that is an "upgrade" from the TB-ALC. It is possible that you might like a ZLC or sZLC better but it money is short I would never recommend that you buy one of those without trying it first. Zylon is a much more expensive material than Arylate (Vectran). Maybe you know someone who has one?

Last edited: