Pimple/defender setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Hi.. I often lose to long/short pimple players. So I have decided to get a pimpled setup to practice with my coach and friends.

Any recommendations for a decent pimpled rubber (budget 25 USD)? I have a Stiga Offensive classic lying around. I could use that blade or I am even open to getting a new blade as defenders/choppers don't play with the fast plies.

Thanks!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OX LPers love a stiff fast bty blade with a control rubber.

Lp choppers like a sft blade with feel and contro. Certain lp rubbers are finicky and dont work well with some blades.

I did what you did and made an OX LP setup since therr is an entire brigade of them here.

Sent from my SHV-E160K using Tapatalk 2

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My OX LP setup is a cheepo OFF- blade with a used sheet of Sigma and the cheapest $5 OX LP I could find from Cole.

OX LP Achuma Brigade simply LOVES to punch underspin aggressively for pressure or winner, bump knuckballs deep and step around Fh skull drug clobber the ball for a winner, and block softly vs strong loops or drives. I get to practice these moves so I can know better what the Achima Brigade is thinking and what and HOW they do it, plus how it feels. That has helped me a LOT. I rarely lose to any OX LP player, even if they get the standard handicap of 4 points.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
My cheap LP paddle is a LKT Instinct ( medium speed ), + LKT XT Pro + 755 0X.I call it my fun paddle. I bought it from zeropong but now they don't sell the blade or rubbers anymore.755 0X is a good place to start. The only problem I have with 755 0X is that it is hard to glue because the rubber is so thin. It curls when glue is applied so it must have its corners taped or pinned down.GD Talon 0X is my main push blocking LP.TSP Curl PR1 1.4mm is my chopping LP. This is too expensive for your needs.There are plenty of cheap LPs out there. Dawei makes some good LPs.

Last edited: