Chinese National Games 2013

Who do you think will win the Chinese National Games 2013?

• Ma Long

Votes: 68 50.4%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Wang Hao

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Yan An

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Ma Lin

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Zhou Yu

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Fang Bo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
What? how does your friend know Zhang?? And I can't beliave, I thought that he couldn't be in CNT if he is gambler, I am shocked

I heard that he got kicked out of the team in the first place for gambling. I really hope that he STILL isn't that addicted and learned his lesson since he is my favorite player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
It will be the first prestigious tournament that ML will meet ZJK if they both make it to the final. The next will be the 2013 world cup zjk is invited as the world champion and ml as the current world cup holder.

Have you noticed that despite ML is no1 and ZJK is no4, they will meet only in the final? If it was an ITTF tournament world tour or championships they would meet in the SF (seed 1 pairs with seed 4 and seed 2 pairs with 3), maybe its a clever "trick" of the chinese federation to give the spectators what they want desperately for a long time, a final between those two monsters

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Well said TTFrenzy.
This also means that Ma Long will meet Wang Hao in the SF!
Remember that he lost to him in the final in 2009, so again mentality is against him.
But Wang Hao is not playing at his top level these last months (after his wedding).
So a final between the Ma Long and Zhang Jike is quite probable.
This time Zhang Jike has no excuse (injury, not a big tournament, ...).
Go Ma Long, Go ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
2 things guys..
1. Only Zhang Jike will be able to stop Ma Long this time.. Only him and noone else!
2. Only Ma Long will be able to stop Zhang Jike this time.. Only him and noone else!

So thats it.. Xu Xin is without any chance against Zhang in such a big competition, unless .. unless .. you know what? I tell you..
My friend was on skype with Zhang and Zhang said that he is a gambler.. He admitted that he is kindoff addicted to it and because of that he is in big debts. In fact, he will play the chinese super league for another year for free - in order to pay his debts for gambling. So maybe if someone that he owes money will tell him to lose some match unexpectedly, he will have to lose it. Open your eyes, people, our sport is not that clean as we think.
Ma Long could beat Wang Hao easily in WTTC 2013, but he was told to lose. Noone can convince me that it was some tactics that Wang Hao used, thats just bullshit.. Ma Long did not fight, he was told to lose, so he lost. By who or why, I dont know, but there are forces behind that we just dont know.
Maybe too many bet at Ma Long, so some companies pulled some strings and there is the result.. Its just normal in any sport, just not really everyone is talking about it. You can see it on the guys, wether they try or not..
If Ma Long fights, he will be in the final. If Zhang fights, he will be in final. Its as easy as that..
But who will win, that is really hard to say ;)

I think your friend is lying to you. Most Chinese people in Mainland China don't use skype. As I know, ZJK uses QQ.

Also, I don't believe ZJK is in big debts. He's just donated his prize money to an orphanage and bought himself a new car.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I heard that he got kicked out of the team in the first place for gambling. I really hope that he STILL isn't that addicted and learned his lesson since he is my favorite player.

There is more than one version of why he got kicked out of the CNT. Someone said he was set up and he was a victim of power struggle. I believe we never know the truth.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
There is more than one version of why he got kicked out of the CNT. Someone said he was set up and he was a victim of power struggle. I believe we never know the truth.

what do you mean by power struggle? some "dark forces" (lol!) of the chinese team didnt want him in the team because they had some kind of personal interest if ZJK was expelled?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Well said TTFrenzy.
This also means that Ma Long will meet Wang Hao in the SF!
Remember that he lost to him in the final in 2009, so again mentality is against him.
But Wang Hao is not playing at his top level these last months (after his wedding).
So a final between the Ma Long and Zhang Jike is quite probable.
This time Zhang Jike has no excuse (injury, not a big tournament, ...).
Go Ma Long, Go ...

Hmm.. Wang Hao only knows how to play well when it is the right time to do so

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
what do you mean by power struggle? some "dark forces" (lol!) of the chinese team didnt want him in the team because they had some kind of personal interest if ZJK was expelled?

It involved conflicts between senior leaders. Punishing the person your opponent cares about is a way of hurting your opponent.

Perhaps it's just a rumour. Anyway, it's over. Let's get back to the matches!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
c6a4f186gw1e85h6steraj20ft0j7q42.jpg

Last season, the men's doubles winners were Xu Xin and Wang Liqin. Will they successfully defend their men's doubles title this time?

Last edited:
Reactions: pingpingpongpong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Men's Singles Champion of Chinese National Games 1997-2009

1-4 place

1997 (8th): Wang Tao, Ma Lin (17 years old :))

2001 (9th): Ma Lin, Qin Zhijian, Wang Liqin, Kong Linghui

2005 (10th): Wang Liqin, Wang Hao, Ma Lin, Ma Long

2009 (11th): Wang Hao, Ma Long, Wang Liqin, Xu Xin

2013 (12th): ????

Could you please write something like this for other disciplines too?
Like for women singles, women doubles, mens doubles, mixed doubles?
Table tennis is not just about men singles..

This user has no status.
Well, Jan-Ove Waldner is also a addicted to gambling. He has spoken to the press about it, so it can be true for Zhang Jike as well.
Regarding Ma Long vs Wang Hao, it seemed like Ma Long was very nervous. He missed so many easy service returns like he was drunk. He is also weaker in backhand-backhand, which Wang Hao really took advantage of. I think that turned the game in Wang Hao's favor. Strange though, that Ma Long in his regular shape beats the crap out of Wang Hao...

On another note, will there be TV coverage available for us europeans?

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012

Yes, CCTV-5 and CCTV-1 will broadcast this event..

Schedule:

CCTV-5

3, Sep 09:00 --- Women’s Team Quarter-finals

4, Sep 15:00
--- Women’s Team Semi-finals; 20:30---Men’s Team Semi-finals

5, Sep 10:00 --- Women’s Team & Men’s Team (3rd place); 14:00---Women’s Team Finals (CCTV-1); 20:30---Men’s Team Finals

7, Sep 09:00
--- Women’s Singles & Men’s Singles (Round 2); Mixed Doubles Semi-finals; 14:00---Men’s Doubles (Round 1) [CCTV-1]; 20:30---Mixed Doubles Finals

8, Sep 10:30 --- Men’s Doubles Quarter-finals; 14:00 Women’s Singles & Men’s Singles (Round 3)

Beijing Time (GMT+8)

Reactions: Dan and Giangt
Aug 2012
Could you please write something like this for other disciplines too?
Like for women singles, women doubles, mens doubles, mixed doubles?
Table tennis is not just about men singles..

You are right, TT is consist of many events not only Men's Singles :)

Champions:

Men's Team
Women's Team
Men's Singles
Men's Doubles
Women's Singles
Women's Doubles
Mixed Doubles
1997 (8th)
Guangdong
Jiangsu
Wang Tao