UAE Open 2011

Who will won UAE Open?

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I watched this match live and it was amazing. A lot of pressure in that final game and Mizu played an amazing backhand, 7-6 in the final game . He played very very smart, deep into the backhand of Ma to keep him locked , then wide on the forehand.
Also his service return was tight and short, leaving Ma no opening. I was very pleased to see the Japanese number 1 take out a top chinese player

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
man, I was definitely disappointed that Ma Lin lost to Jun. Though if he does indeed have an injury, then it might explain it. He did lose to Ryu in Qatar, despite absolutely destroying him in the tournament before that.

Jun is definitely getting better at adding a little more offense in between his lobbing back the ball.

I didn't think Ma Long would be able to beat Xu Xin, but since he does, hopefully that means he is getting back to form. In which case, I don't think Jun can beat Ma Long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I watched the Match, and Ma Lin did look sluggish. I think the main reason is because the match before Jun Mizutani he beat Gao Ning deuce in the 7th which took over an hour so he was a bit fatigued. I hope Wang Hao wins the final because he is a great fighter, but Ma Long looked amazing in his past few matches so who knows! I am taking Wang Hao!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Well, there were definitely some unexpected things in this tournament, but the ending result I was correct about at least. It was definitely good to see Ma Long getting closer to good form. I mean he beat Jun Mizutani 11-1 in the first game or something.... thats pretty insane, and he was able to overcome an in form Xu Xin.