Kinesio tape or Kinesiology tape

says Hi guys! I just joined this forum. I am from Malaysia...
Apr 2012
Recent year we see many players is using a kind of tape to put on their body, I was learned that this kind of tape is called Kinesio Tape or Kinesiology Tape, does it really work for injury. I have a Tennis Elbow injury, will this help?

Picture showing Singapore Wang Yuegu right hand is taped with blue tape.
Singapore team.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
There is no "real" solid scientific evidence to back up the claims that the company makes, but many athletes use it, and many patients are satisfied with the results. The effects sound good on paper, but since there is no conclusive information about its effects, I guess it is up to you to try it out and see if it works for you.

This user has no status.
If you have Tennis elbow then KT Tape can help reduce your symptoms, but it will not cure it.

You need to either be taped up professionally so you use the correct anchor points and stretch points in the tape, or view some of the you tube vids from the physio 's..... Don't just wack the stuff on, that won't solve anything.

Steve

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: Kenta Cipriano
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
I have also heard a lot and even used a bit of this tape. It's really hard to say if it actually helps you anyway, there isn't really any scientific evidence as Svttc also said. When I used it I didn't really find any help of it, but I guess it can depend much on the injury you have. I think the tape has become some sort of "fashion" in the sports world already. You see a lot of athletes using this tape, some use it on many body parts too. But yea, you could of course try it out by letting a physio tape you so you learn the method how to do the taping and see if it helps your injury :)

Apr 2012
Thanks for you guys opinion. I tried Kinesio Tape, follow the method in youtube, didn't feel the effectiveness yet...., I guess it could be effective for prevention rather then cure. Yes, you are right, it becoming fashion in sport as some of player taped 2~3 different colors tape on their body.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
It is more for support than curing you, this work similar as ankle/knee/elbow brace and etc. Just like for Tennis elbow, if you feel the pain when you do the bicep curl, then if you use your finger to put a little pressure on that spot, you will feel that the pain is somewhat go away when you do bicep curl again. So, the kinesio tape works similar if you have an idea how to apply it. I think it took me two tries, however, I have been playing with regular med bandage for different kind of joint sprain. Therefore, applying kinesio tape in some effective way on myself becomes not a major issue.

So it is not for healing, but to reduce the stress and provide some support.

Oh, few advantages of this tape is that you don't need to bring many kind of braces, like me, I have shoulder, knee, wrist braces with me all the time. Although I used to have two more ankle braces, but I lost them :(

And the regular medical bandage don't have the flexibility and elasticity as these tape. But the medical bandage still works better if you need to wrap your muscle due to sprain injury.

Last edited:
Apr 2012
It is more for support than curing you, this work similar as ankle/knee/elbow brace and etc. Just like for Tennis elbow, if you feel the pain when you do the bicep curl, then if you use your finger to put a little pressure on that spot, you will feel that the pain is somewhat go away when you do bicep curl again. So, the kinesio tape works similar if you have an idea how to apply it. I think it took me two tries, however, I have been playing with regular med bandage for different kind of joint sprain. Therefore, applying kinesio tape in some effective way on myself becomes not a major issue.

So it is not for healing, but to reduce the stress and provide some support.

Oh, few advantages of this tape is that you don't need to bring many kind of braces, like me, I have shoulder, knee, wrist braces with me all the time. Although I used to have two more ankle braces, but I lost them :(

And the regular medical bandage don't have the flexibility and elasticity as these tape. But the medical bandage still works better if you need to wrap your muscle due to sprain injury.

Thanks for your sharing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Kinesiology tape takes you Lifetime Pain

It is not uncommon to the athletes and sports people to have injury and pain.. In the last Olympics of Beijing and London where most of the athletes and sports people has been seen with a special tape to get rid off from pain and injury. this tape is known as Kinesiology tape. It is a special medical tape that can reduce severe pain and injury within a few seconds ..