How to Glue a Domed Rubber?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You could always wait for it to curl back closer to normal first... but heck... who has all that time anyways?

We want action RIGHT NOW, don't we??!!

I would advise to put a couple coats of glue on the sponge with some extra near the edges. Glue like normal, but use a PRESS.

Don't have one?? MAKE ONE! All you need is a couple sturdy pieces of wood, some holes drilled in them, and some long bolts with wing nuts. I recycled an old Army In-Box paperwork tray to make mine, since it had some felt glued on it already, which is good for the side with the rubber.

Leave that joker in the press 30-60 minutes and that thing is as good as cement glued.

You could also buy the Yasaka Clicky Press, it works good.

As a last resort, you get a few huge books you don't use, like an encyclopedia (Who uses those things anyways?)

You lay one volume of big book on table, set a piece of clean paper over each side of the rubber, set another book on top, set another book on top of that, then add more weight on top, like another 10 volumes. You need another 10 KG. You could also put a 20 Litre water can on top of the two books. That works great too.

You get the idea. It works a lot faster than it looks. Heck, you gotta spend some time packing your bag and texting your friends to come to the club while your glue job gets finished anyways, so what the heck?

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378321650.832840.jpg
This is my press, homemade

This user has no status.
You could always wait for it to curl back closer to normal first... but heck... who has all that time anyways?

We want action RIGHT NOW, don't we??!!

I would advise to put a couple coats of glue on the sponge with some extra near the edges. Glue like normal, but use a PRESS.

Don't have one?? MAKE ONE! All you need is a couple sturdy pieces of wood, some holes drilled in them, and some long bolts with wing nuts. I recycled an old Army In-Box paperwork tray to make mine, since it had some felt glued on it already, which is good for the side with the rubber.

Leave that joker in the press 30-60 minutes and that thing is as good as cement glued.

You could also buy the Yasaka Clicky Press, it works good.

As a last resort, you get a few huge books you don't use, like an encyclopedia (Who uses those things anyways?)

You lay one volume of big book on table, set a piece of clean paper over each side of the rubber, set another book on top, set another book on top of that, then add more weight on top, like another 10 volumes. You need another 10 KG. You could also put a 20 Litre water can on top of the two books. That works great too.

You get the idea. It works a lot faster than it looks. Heck, you gotta spend some time packing your bag and texting your friends to come to the club while your glue job gets finished anyways, so what the heck?

Finally someone who understands me heheheheheeh xD
thx i still have my whole set of encyclopedias :))) ill use that for the time being