Your favourite football players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I know...this is a TT forum, but I am curious to know who your favourites of all time are.
I like Roberto Carlos and Roberto Rivelino. IMO, these 2 Robertos can bend it better than Beckham. But before you English fans slam me, my favourite goalkeeper is Gordon Banks.
:)

says Hello I was only going to post hello but apparently I...
says Hello I was only going to post hello but apparently I...
Mar 2011
Carlos has surely got to be one of the best LBs the world has ever seen. Pace, crossing and, of course, unbelievable curl :D

Coincidentally, my favourite players are now Coentrao (LB), Evra (LB), Scholes, Xavi, Vidic and Cech

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Ronaldinho in his prime was just amazing to watch. He did things in game that other players would only be able to do while practicing by themselves. His speed and skills were insane.

I also like the REAL Ronaldo, he didn't do anything fancy but he was so insanely effective. It was too bad he had to deal with injuries often. He won 3 world player of the years so quickly and at such a young age, carried Brazil to 1 win, and another finals, its crazy to think how even more legendary he would have been if he hadn't been injured.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
It's a site for Table Tennis players to discuss about things they like.
It's legit to talk about football here :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
I know...this is a TT forum, but I am curious to know who your favourites of all time are.
I like Roberto Carlos and Roberto Rivelino. IMO, these 2 Robertos can bend it better than Beckham. But before you English fans slam me, my favourite goalkeeper is Gordon Banks.
:)

Rivelino yes. But when it came to the the aspect of crossing and free kicks, Beckham beats Carlos hands down, eyes closed. Beckham may be slightly overrated due to his popularity, but so was Carlos in some ways. Great defender going forward, but wasn't as good as the back. His incredible goal against France was a one off and he actually hasn't scored that many FKs in his career. Ultimately they were 2 different players, but in terms of set pieces and a passing range, Carlos was nowhere near Beckham. Beckham's crossing is still the best the world has ever seen and still hasn't been surpass in this day and age.

Anyways, id have to say my fav players are:

Cantona
Cruyff
Keane
Ronaldinho
Scholes
Pirlo
Xavi
Paolo Montero
Nesta
Vidic
Veron

And plenty more actually. But id leave it at that for now.