Is Kenta starting to find his form after the Hungarian Open 2010?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yes, he makes some big improvement. Now he is at 29 @ world ranking.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I think now he is starting to play like an adult and NOW he can really compete with all the pros.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Kenta is not that good and I feel that I made the right call on him after his big performance against Ma Lin a long while ago. Its clear they've worked on him since then and tried to improve a few weak spots especially asserting himself offensively but I still think he will peak in the WR 10-20 range when he reaches his prime.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Everyone seems to think Kenta's rating was bloated and it appropriately dropped a ton, and now he's finally climbing back up.

I think sure it may have been slightly bloated, but we do have to remember that he jumped up, then continued to climb for a while, which means it wasn't just one random jump, but true climbing of the ranks. Then suddenly, he crashed and burned... and I noticed he was a heck of a lot taller. I'm sure that makes tomahawking an awkward stroke, and just generally growing that much in a short period of time would surely throw things off.

It seems though that now he's got his new found height under control and is ready to maintain that WR 29. Don't know about where he'll peak though. I agree with mildseven that Kenta needs to become more offensive. Even when watching Mizutani, you can see his success comes from his counter attacking, not from his amazing blocking and fishing (thought of course that helps). Kenta's still got plenty of time to develop, so who knows how things will change.