Rubber Tuning

This user has no status.
Almost all the professional players boost their rubbers, they even let them be filmed doing it (just do a lookup for video's of boosting chinese top players !).

Also , when you play a few weeks (or even hours) , the topsheet will have changed a little bit. So in theory you would have to change your rubber every day you play !!!

Rubbish !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just boost away, not one official referee can protest on that ! Just be shure to not surpass the 4 mm limit of topsheet + rubber.

Reactions: Kenta Cipriano
This user has no status.
If you just walk through one of the factories with your rubbers every time after tuning them it is legal too :) I hereby declare my home to be a Xiom factory :D

Lol:cool:
I have checked all over the web and it seems that the best booster right now is Dian Chi booster... It is kind of expensive. Hopefully I get one of this early next year

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
hello everybody i have some questions !

1)what kind of effect does baby oil on the rubber's topsheet?i saw this popular video which restores grip (but in european rubbers) does it worth it to apply oil on new dhs hurricane rubbers?has anyone tried it ? i played them for 25 hours each rubber , does oil affects negatively on the stickiness of the rubber ? please reply only if u have tested this procedure :D

2) and one last question , bcoz my rubbers are quite new and they are very sticky can u tell me a good way to clean it , (sweat does a good job , hot breath hmm its rather for euro rubbers doesnt really works ) bcoz of the great amount of stickiness my rubbers are full of small particles of dust and something like small length hair . this is happening even if i have already cleaned the paddle and put it in a plastic protection sheet , (the sheet is clean :p)

says Hi, no thanks, I've found a place where I can get one...
Jan 2012
hello everybody i have some questions !

2) and one last question , bcoz my rubbers are quite new and they are very sticky can u tell me a good way to clean it , (sweat does a good job , hot breath hmm its rather for euro rubbers doesnt really works ) bcoz of the great amount of stickiness my rubbers are full of small particles of dust and something like small length hair . this is happening even if i have already cleaned the paddle and put it in a plastic protection sheet , (the sheet is clean :p)

to clean sticky rubbers like Hurricane, Skyline, just use water (+ soap if you like, but no need IMO) use a wet sponge, then dry the top sheet with a clean towel (watch out the towel doesn't leave small parts of coton on the sticky top ssheet)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Did anybody have used the "Haifu oil subsitut" ? Did you like it ? Does it soften up the sponge consequently (H3, TG3)? How about speed and grip ?

ive tested it with dhs hurricane 3 neo rubbers . i cant tell a difference in grip because hurricane is a tacky rubber and its tackiness causes the spin not its grip (actually it has no grip bcoz its hard sponge) . the sponge after 6-8 layers gets softened from medium hard ( i had 39 degree sponge) to medium . i would say there's a bit difference in speed but not anything special . i would recommend this oil only if u want to make ur rubbers softer . have in mind that it dries really slow , for 1 transparent layer it takes 1 day and a half for the sponge to get completely dry , if ur in a hurry just take a napkin and clean it after 24 hours

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
How long does the lamp oil last on the sponge before you need to apply again ?

I use both Butterfly Speed Optimizer and Paraffin oil (Lamp oil) for the paraffin oil I tend to see it decline in speed within a week to a week and a half pending on how much I play. But, if you go with something like Speed Optimizer that could last you upwards of 3 weeks or so. I just like using Paraffin oil because I don't have to wait 24 hours to put another layer on. I go 1 layer wait 30 mins or until I see that the sponge soaked it up and then I add another up to usually 4 layers. On huricanne atleast it works wonders, adds a lot of speed and still holds the Oh Sang Eun control blocking :p

Jan 2012
ive tested it with dhs hurricane 3 neo rubbers . i cant tell a difference in grip because hurricane is a tacky rubber and its tackiness causes the spin not its grip (actually it has no grip bcoz its hard sponge) . the sponge after 6-8 layers gets softened from medium hard ( i had 39 degree sponge) to medium . i would say there's a bit difference in speed but not anything special . i would recommend this oil only if u want to make ur rubbers softer . have in mind that it dries really slow , for 1 transparent layer it takes 1 day and a half for the sponge to get completely dry , if ur in a hurry just take a napkin and clean it after 24 hours

Ok thanks for the help. I ordered one from ttnpp yesterday, I'm impatient to receive it & see how it works. I have a 37° provincial neo H3 already used for 2/3 months. I'm thinking having a try with it, although I'm might be buying a new sheet in 38°. I'm afraid it will soften the sponge a bit too much though... If it softens the sponge 2° max, that's perfect. I take 38° and after boosting it becomes a 36° sheet!

I was about to get the Dianchi booster but I will be too strong and give me too much sedd then I'll lose control. I'll try it later..

Anyhow, I'd LOVE to get a try at Haifu Oil, although It's the strong sh*t ever in terms of boosters, so I heard :cool:
But it's nearly impossible to get a hold of a small 250/300ml bottle..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Ok thanks for the help. I ordered one from ttnpp yesterday, I'm impatient to receive it & see how it works. I have a 37° provincial neo H3 already used for 2/3 months. I'm thinking having a try with it, although I'm might be buying a new sheet in 38°. I'm afraid it will soften the sponge a bit too much though... If it softens the sponge 2° max, that's perfect. I take 38° and after boosting it becomes a 36° sheet!

I was about to get the Dianchi booster but I will be too strong and give me too much sedd then I'll lose control. I'll try it later..

Anyhow, I'd LOVE to get a try at Haifu Oil, although It's the strong sh*t ever in terms of boosters, so I heard :cool:
But it's nearly impossible to get a hold of a small 250/300ml bottle..

i dont have any knowledge about hardness degrees but i use this " trick" to see if my rubbers has gotten soft . i glue them upon the blade and press with my thumb to the center of the paddle . after 6-8 layers of haifu oil substiute id say that hardness has fallen 2-2.5 degrees maximum . so if u want it to fall less than 3 degrees just put 4-5 layers and i suppose u will be ok