Robert Gardos Cool Training

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Robert Gardos is currently preparing for the upcoming European Championships at the Werner Schlager Academy. Check out this cool training footage of Robert practising his footwork on the multi ball table today.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I had to look twice to see what the coach was doing. That tethering is new to me. What is the aim of that approach, to keep from going too close to the table?

Looks real cool, I'm going to try get one of these. I think it's to make it harder for Robert to move wide forehand? They use these types resistance drills in rugby, football and sprinting etc. But I could be wrong here...

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Any pet store I guess ;)

Haha! :)

:) Actually, I was thinking along those lines for a cheap substitute. But I didn't want to say it.

Haha me to, I think we could possibly get one from a gym store or something, similar to what they use when training someone to sprint.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm very familiar with resistance training. The point of this exercise is to build explosiveness, so he will get from backhand pivot to wide forehand faster. Very cool!

I'm not familiar with resistance training during multiball drills, especially falkenburg.
I agree it will help with explosiveness but I don't agree using it with certain drills and multi ball is one of them.

With Chinese footwork, we rely on body weight and using our legs as a spring to move around. And Robert's taking off to wide FH seems like he is taking too long and require an extra step to push out. Once he pushes out, his return is very week (no power).
The resistant is helping with one thing but not another. I would say rather using resistence training without balls.