• No, it will spoil the sport - expand on your reason below

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yeees, I found this topic! :)
I would definitely go there and kick ass Wen Jia, she deserves anything else but that..
What for behaviour is that? She had to know that all will actually find out what she did..
What a shame.. Wen Jia she should get some penalty for that..
And to Wang Liqin - that was really nice video and nice what he did.. to give point to Hao this way, hehe.. respect!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Here is another controversy, I love Ai to win every point and she knows that ;),
but Ai saw it from another view, but as far I can see its a point for Zhenqi here at 23:47.
http://www.tabletennistalk.co.uk/forum/ttt-stream.php Round last 32 Barthel - Fukuhara
Gosh that match is like a match in heaven, 2 very very beautiful woman and I just love Ai.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Wang Liqin is a true sportsman. And that's how it should be! Fairness!
Not trying to get the point by cheating or something like that! Play your game and your tactic. If it isn't good enough, at least you tried and didn't cheat!
Nevertheless, they were two umpires and no one saw it and they didn't react to the shouting of the commentary man! I think the umpire knew his error but didn't want to admit it and gave the point to Wen Jia. If she had been a fair player she had admitted it. She saw it clearly! That sort of players really suck!
Why not just be fair and fight for the win?

Unfortunately, there are less fair people who admit such things ...
I'm glad Ai won that game :D If I had been there I'd have probably shouted: "In your face Wen Jia!" haha :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
I don't think having the umpire view the replay would have made any difference to him. He was offered to view the replay but declined if you hear the commentary. And even the player who stood to lose by the edge ball insisted that it hit, and he ignored her, too. IMHO, this is a very insecure umpire and he's afraid that if he has to go back on a decision, it'll be perceived as weakness on his part, and he's scared to death of being viewed as a vascillating umpire, so he won't go back on a decision no matter what. If I was the one to authorize what umpires would be officiating in my ITTF tournament, I would make sure that he didn't make it in. I would also make it crystal clear to him before he left that despite his psychological issues, he is to be fair to the players first, even if it means his fragile ego is damaged.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Yea, I always hated unfair umpires in every sport..
First time I meet one when I was doing kickboxing..
I put my oponent 3 times to ground and I still lost.. Later I heared, that 3 of 4 umpires were trainers of my oponent.. assholes..
Since then I get very very mad when I see such an injustice..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
A lot of umpires hardly speak English. It seemed that the umpire wasn't gonna listen (wether she speaks Chinese/English or not). They were trying to explain it but all she did was looking away from them and she kept saying LET! Wang Liqin then had to choose for either showing a little disrespect to the umpire or showing bad sportmanship. Personally I'm glad he went with the first option :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
A lot of umpires hardly speak English. It seemed that the umpire wasn't gonna listen (wether she speaks Chinese/English or not). They were trying to explain it but all she did was looking away from them and she kept saying LET! Wang Liqin then had to choose for either showing a little disrespect to the umpire or showing bad sportmanship. Personally I'm glad he went with the first option :)

Right, the referee just kept saying LET and pointing her arm towards Wang Liqin and didn't want to listen.
I found his attitude really cool ^^ Like: "Damn, shut up and listen to me! *angry and goes to the scoreboard and gives Wang Hao a point* Let's continue ^^"
Wang Liqin, true sportsman!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Especially if both players agree the umpire should not try to force her own will. In the end we have neutral umpires to make sure none of the players gets an unfair advantage. That didn't apply here because both players agreed that it was Wang Hao's point. So in fact the umpire is not needed here. That's why it is not nice of her to create a problem like this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Well, I am troubled by such a controversy.

Ai's ball seems to touch the edge of the table. But even with the replay it's not so quite easy to assert it at the first glance (Replay is slowed down and shown multiple times !!!). So, the Umpires did not see it and I can understand it. Wen not seeing this... well... that seems more difficult to believe but why not ? It is still possible she thought she won the point. In this case her behaviour is less arguable.

But the point is should the video be integrated in the arbitrating process. Well I would find it useful but in fact I wonder if it is even possible. For the tennis, remember that the playground is quite huge and, most important, it never moves (the net, the lines ...). For table tennis, the space to be controlled is quite short and the tables are put in place only for the event. A calibrating job should be done every time a table is moved (even accidentally by a player). Light is not always the same... nor the background... All those considerations make me think that such a system is not for now.

By the way, the umpires are still humans and because of that there are flawed. One in my club said to me one day : "Even if you made a wrong decision, you never reverse it". I don't know if it is a general rule or it was a rule of thumb only for him. Fortunately such events do not occure too often.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I can't believe I actually missed this controversy. Must be because I pay too little attention to women TT.

If it wasn't Fukuhara involved and negatively affected in this controversy, there won't be controversy. I guess being cute has an edge :)
On a more serious note, Wen Jia put herself in shame. That should be called out, all day all night. The way she dodged back to her coach tryna hide the truth is just disgusting. It wasn't even like she'd lost the set if the point counts for Fukuhara. Be a woman and beat your opponent fair and square! (be a woman and what?)

Glad she lost at the end. Shame on her coaches and their whole team for allowing such thing to happen, more so if she wasn't punished afterward. Total failure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I can't believe I actually missed this controversy. Must be because I pay too little attention to women TT.

If it wasn't Fukuhara involved and negatively affected in this controversy, there won't be controversy. I guess being cute has an edge :)
On a more serious note, Wen Jia put herself in shame. That should be called out, all day all night. The way she dodged back to her coach tryna hide the truth is just disgusting. It wasn't even like she'd lost the set if the point counts for Fukuhara. Be a woman and beat your opponent fair and square! (be a woman and what?)

Glad she lost at the end. Shame on her coaches and their whole team for allowing such thing to happen, more so if she wasn't punished afterward. Total failure.
LOL ... very funny , esp the last part .. but dude you are risking being titled MCP :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews

got some truth yet contains some harsh stuff X(