This info will save you a lot of money !

This user has no status.
Hi all ,
I will give you some tricks to get a very long life for your rubbers.
to restore the grip (spin) of a rubber :
- clean it with some water and a drop of dishwashing liquid (like Dreft...), always use a gentle tissue to dry the water off (i use kitchen paper or toilet paper ;) )
- buy a can of WD40 (do a Google search on this if you dont know it) and spray some of it on the rubber, wipe open with your finger on the rubber, let dry for an hour, eventually you can repeat this (the oily WD40 attacks the rubber lightly and thus restores tack/grip)

to tune your rubbers (just like speed glue) :
-buy a bottle of lamp oil (=kerosene, liquid paraffine) , you can buy this for 3€ per liter
-use a brush to put one or two layers of lamp oil on the sponge (just like when you speed glue) , let dry for a couple of hours -> you will see the rubber get a dome !! , then glue with normal glue
this will give the clic sound of speed glue and the speed and spin
BTW : the Dandoy bio booster and others are in fact 95% lamp oil/paraffine
a lot of the better players in Germany who used to speed glue do exactly this

this will pass the E-nez machine also

I also use the sticky protection sheets when i don't play (clean these sticky sheets regularly because they will become dusty and lose their protectiveness)

I play now 26 months in a row (2 to 3 times a week) with an Andro Revo Fire 1,7 mm , i restored the following worn rubbers : Donic Coppa JO Gold 1,8 mm, Tibhar Nimbus 2 mm , Andro Impulse Speed 1,8 mm (fantastic glue effect with the lamp oil boosting !)

you can even use the lamp oil as an alternative to the WD40 to get the spin back , but you have to be carefull not to use too much then as the lamp oil does attack the rubber more than the WD40 does

Try it on a worn rubber and give me some feedback, you will be happy you tried !

528546_com_save_money.jpg

The companies selling rubbers will not like this post !!

So do you use any of these techniques?

Reactions: tenbor77
says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
So I've constantly tried with lamp oil ...
Apparently I must have applied too many layers ...
I would like to try it now with the Tenergy 05 FX but I have a little fear for the good Rubber = /
I do not know whether I should try this ... After all, covering pretty much does it cost money and if 2 layers are too much but then I stand there -.-

Has someone already tried the Tenergy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
Nice thread, maybe im not allowed to say this, but this is my theory ive had since the speed glue ban,

I believe the speed glue ban was set in place, for a global money maker from the higher people of TT. There was a point, where i was buying Sriver for 10 pounds and speed glueing it and it would last for 3 months. I rarely had to buy equipment, and this was training every day!

Speed glue allowed you to use many different rubbers.

Bringing in the speed glue ban, meant that company's would be back in control. People now have to buy the quality stuff to play at a reasonable level. I.e the tenergys, the joola expresses and more. They can put at what ever price they like, people have to buy.

Maybe im completely wrong :D

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Nice thread, maybe im not allowed to say this, but this is my theory ive had since the speed glue ban,

I believe the speed glue ban was set in place, for a global money maker from the higher people of TT. There was a point, where i was buying Sriver for 10 pounds and speed glueing it and it would last for 3 months. I rarely had to buy equipment, and this was training every day!

Speed glue allowed you to use many different rubbers.

Bringing in the speed glue ban, meant that company's would be back in control. People now have to buy the quality stuff to play at a reasonable level. I.e the tenergys, the joola expresses and more. They can put at what ever price they like, people have to buy.

Maybe im completely wrong :D

You're not completely wrong, there is some truth in what you say, but the ban was installed as the world Olympic committee found out about the VOC in speed glue and was determined that it was bad for players' health, apparently some people have died from it (but that would have most likely have been from intentionally sniffing it). And yea I heard that quite a few years ago the rubbers were so much cheaper, so expensive now. Glue can restore a rubbers life but really advanced players should be changing rubbers every 6-8 weeks. Obviously pro's do it sometimes for each match or every couple of days.

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
Almost all the pros play Rubbers train for 5 days only ... if the games and tournaments begin Rubbers before each game remade on it ^ ^

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
I'd say would need detailed description how to treat a Tenergy with baby oil ... But other methods are of course ^ ^

This user has no status.
a few of my friends boost their rubbers with baby oil. Lasts about 2-3 months apparently.
You use a normal sponge to Spread 1 layer of baby oil on, not too thin. Leave it to completely dry for about 3 days. So dry that it feels nothing is on their any more. (it should dome a little). Put another layer on and leave to dry for 3 hours. Then put 1 layer of water based glue (they use butterfly free chack) on the blade only and stick the sheet on. Let the water based glue dry for 30mins though. Any water based glue should be fine (I think).

says oh sorry boring -.-
says oh sorry boring -.-
Feb 2011
So if I again after 3 days to apply a layer, and the only 3 hours to soak the sponge is still totally stuck, I would say ....
Or apply only a minimal shift?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
thanks .this info has been a life saver for me. im gonna try it.always wanted to speed glue. ill try some cheaper older rubbers first though

This user has no status.
its interesting what people use to boost their rubbers.it this legal?

all top players boost their rubbers and the better amateur players too or even the ones who want to make their rubber more dynamic (for example a Tackiness C is rather slow, so boosted it is a very spinny and fast enough rubber)

has anyone tried the WD40 or lamp oil boosting/renewing yet ? what are your results ? please help this forum members save a lot of money !

greetings

This user has no status.
I have done it with baby oil. I have seen a lot of rubbers restored by applying some layers of baby oil on the topsheet. The bryce fx is the only one that was ruined.... I have seen some tenergies that barely grip the ball recover its full grip...

Now with the boosting the best would be a layer of parrafin oil and 2 of baby oil on the sponge.....
Now if its for chinesse rubbers the best booster right now is calle Dian Chi Booster now it works awesome for jap rubbers but with one layer it is enough...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Just so people are fully informed before trying any of this.

I think anything that changes the playing characteristics of your rubber is deemed illegal.

I do not play at a high enough standard or take the game seriously enough to get bothered one way or the other but I can think a a number of players who would be unhappy if they felt their opponent was breaking the rules in order to gain an advantage. for some it is a contenscious issue.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Just so people are fully informed before trying any of this.

I think anything that changes the playing characteristics of your rubber is deemed illegal.

I do not play at a high enough standard or take the game seriously enough to get bothered one way or the other but I can think a a number of players who would be unhappy if they felt their opponent was breaking the rules in order to gain an advantage. for some it is a contenscious issue.

Thats true. But I didn't stop boosting/speed glueing before the national federatrion of Noregian Table Tennis said they were going to start control all rackets. But on the other hand, I have so good rubbers now that I don't need speed glue. :D