Players You Dislike

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I can't say that I dislike many players but Wang Hao is definitely a player I don't like, bad sportsmanship is something that I cant overlook. I cant remember the tournament exactly but Wang Hao was playing Wang Liqin and at the end of the first game Liqin got an edge ball that the empire didn't see and stood there expecting Hao to speak up but he didn't, he moved away from the table at lightening speed so there could be no debate. Bearing in mind the rolls were reversed a year or so earlier with Liqin giving Hao the point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
I've never been a fan of Bastian steger for his attitude and hidden serves, as well as sometimes questionable cheap trick tactics. Same for Jens Lundqvist, who always hides the ball, and complains and screams when he loses a point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
same here :)

Haha, when I first started watching TT videos, I must say Ma Lin made me very very uncomfortable with his various antics. He delayed, and had all those little annoying acts. It just seemed he would do anything to throw off his opponents. I hated it. Well I must admit he eventually converted me with his skills and finesse.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Haha, when I first started watching TT videos, I must say Ma Lin made me very very uncomfortable with his various antics. He delayed, and had all those little annoying acts. It just seemed he would do anything to throw off his opponents. I hated it. Well I must admit he eventually converted me with his skills and finesse.

What I have heard is that he is a big smoker, and all his antics are to catch his breath as well has think about the next third ball attack tactics . Not sure if this is really true though :)

Its not for nothing he prolonged his career just because of his fantastic serve and receive game , probably the best in the world ever. Infact, even when Zhang jike was creating his Grand Slam he was still the best serve and receive player in the team , even without excessive use of backhand banana flip . He is and will be a legend !!

Last edited:
says Thanks TTD
says Thanks TTD
Nov 2013
All right boys, we already have a couple of threads about your favourite players etc. Now how about the ones you DISLIKE. It could be for whatever reason. So ill get the ball rolling.

Ovtcharov - Grunts too bloody much. Very unnecessary, its clearly a tactic to disrupt the opponent.

Zhang Jike - Just doesn't seem like a nice bloke. I mean idk, i don't know him personally, but he does come off as a bit of a grumpy guy. Also celebrates excessively. I LOVE emotions, but Zhang just comes off as an antagonizing ass!.

Wang Hao - "Chos" too god damn much.

Waldner - Arguably the best TT player ever, but comes off as really arrogant in any of the interviews i've seen or read abt.

xinsrc_560801190805656270079.jpg

Photo by: Sportswriter Zhou Xiaozheng

Post thread to your facebook guys :)

who is that behind Ma Lin celebrating?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
who is that behind Ma Lin celebrating?

You are joking, right!

Who is Jan Ove Waldner?

Just some guy who many people think was the best ever. :) Two time singles World Champion, Olympic Gold Medalist. A central figure on the team that, for a while, ended Chinese dominance of the sport in the late 1980s through the mid 1990s.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Yan An. His game is ugly to watch. He stays as close as he can to the table and hits all the balls as hard as he can. Either in and wins the point or out and loses it. I hope he's not the future of table tennis. Don't like Wang Hao too much. "Bad" footwork, predictable tactics, forehand not that good. Werner Schlager, no grace in his moves, robotic. Lin gaoyuan, the most predictable player ever.

This user has no status.
Yan An. His game is ugly to watch. He stays as close as he can to the table and hits all the balls as hard as he can. Either in and wins the point or out and loses it. I hope he's not the future of table tennis. Don't like Wang Hao too much. "Bad" footwork, predictable tactics, forehand not that good. Werner Schlager, no grace in his moves, robotic. Lin gaoyuan, the most predictable player ever.

At first, yan an is still young and his game is based on him beeing impatient. that will change withing some years (i hope). believe it or not but zhang jike was also like this before. always wanted to loop the hell out of a ball when he shouldnt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Oh, and I almost forgot Zhou yu. Ugliest game of all time. Same tactics as Yan an, but instead of forehand, backhand. Should be forbidden by the Geneva convention. I also hope he will never become one of the best. Fan Zhendong's game is also pretty close to the table and powerful, but he's able to do everything, change tactics, slow down his game, play further from the table, etc. He will anyway become number 1 in a few month from now.

Reactions: mefisto81
This user has no status.
Oh, and I almost forgot Zhou yu. Ugliest game of all time. Same tactics as Yan an, but instead of forehand, backhand. Should be forbidden by the Geneva convention. I also hope he will never become one of the best. Fan Zhendong's game is also pretty close to the table and powerful, but he's able to do everything, change tactics, slow down his game, play further from the table, etc. He will anyway become number 1 in a few month from now.

I dont understand how you can not like a fast topspin game? like yan an and zhou yu do